• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to delete a draft document from Adobe Sign?

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find any way to delete a draft in the Adobe Sign list. I uploaded the wrong document for signature. I guess I've been updated to a whole new interface and everything looks completely different. I don't see "delete" or a trash can icon. Thanks for all help.

TOPICS
How to sign

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Hi Melindap,

Sorry for the delay in response.

You can delete the draft document from the Adobe Sign Manage page.

In the Document Cloud, go to For Signature.

The enable the radio button for Adobe Sign Manage from the top right corner of the window.

Check the screenshot below:

Adobe Sign manage  radio button.JPG

There you can go to Draft and select the document from the list.

Then click on the Delete option provided at right in the preview window.

Hope that answers your query.

Feel free to update the thread if you have any question.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melindap,

Sorry for the delay in response.

You can delete the draft document from the Adobe Sign Manage page.

In the Document Cloud, go to For Signature.

The enable the radio button for Adobe Sign Manage from the top right corner of the window.

Check the screenshot below:

Adobe Sign manage  radio button.JPG

There you can go to Draft and select the document from the list.

Then click on the Delete option provided at right in the preview window.

Hope that answers your query.

Feel free to update the thread if you have any question.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have the "delete" icon but instead have a "hide" icon. Is there not a way to delete any longer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The "Delete" button in Adobe Sign is just replaced by the "Hide" button. However, there is no change in the function of this button.

The delete button used to hide the document from the Manage page, however, the document was never deleted from the account.

The Hide button in the Adobe Sign has the same function. It will hide the document from the Manage page. The document will not be deleted from the account.

To delete the document permanently from the Adobe Sign account, you will need the data retention policy.

For more details about the data retention policy, please refer to the following help document.

- Adobe Sign - Document Retention

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is the case, the help pages around this topic need to be updated.  We are all looking for the delete option displayed on the help page that no longer exists.  We are all wasting time trying to find this feature.  Respectfully, please update your help pages and explain the change exactly as you've done here.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Just to update, please refer to the information mentioned below in order to delete the document from Manage page or from the Account in Adobe Sign.

• If you are trying to remove the account from the manage page, then use the "Hide" option provided when you select the document from the list. That option will remove the document from the Manage page in your account.

• In case, you are using Document Cloud to access Adobe Sign account, use the steps provided below in order to delete the document from Adobe Sign account permanently.

- In the account, click on the circle in blue provided at the extreme right-hand side of the screen.

- Select Settings > Edit signature settings.

- Then select "Privacy" from the left-hand side pane.

- Enter the email address of the recipient in the search bar. That will open all the documents for that particular recipient.

- Select the document from the list that needs to be deleted.

- Click on the trash icon provided at the extreme right-hand side of the document.

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

Under the section "API Based Data Retention", it says that "an external system or application makes an explicit request to Adobe Sign through the API to delete a particular document." Could you tell me how I can make such an explicit request?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uggh.  We need to think of the user experience.  Please reach out to the programmers and amend the software so that it is easier to use.  that is a Extraordinarily cumbersome /non-intuitive approach to a common need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only see "hide" option and have no "delete" option!!! Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous - why would you take away the ability to delete a document that is in draft? Seriously, people....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the exact same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoever came up with the Hide instead of Delete option did not think this through.  It makes no sense at all.  We want to be able to delete the mistakes, not hide them.  What is the point in that?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want to delete the drafts as well, not hide them. Can you restore that feature ASAP. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another frustrated user. Please restore Delete capability for selected drafts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haved used the program for 3 years now, and I too am very frustrated that "hide" has replaced "delete" - none of us want to hide mistakes, and we don't need an audit trail of everything.  Please put back the DELETE button!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I FIGURED IT OUT!!

It's a bit of a cumbersome process, but there is a way to delete incorrect, draft, and other documents. Click on -->your account, -->privacy --> and then do a search for the email associated with your account. Using your account email will bring up every document you've ever started, sent out, or had in draft mode. You will then see a delete icon next to the document. 

delete adobe sign documents.jpg

Hope this helps everyone!

Viviane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks easy. Way to go Adobe.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click to setting, I have a message to save my cloud setting, I don't see any Privacy. Please make it easy, add the delete button!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I regret using this tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe, 

You can not delete a draft as you explained above.  The draft section You only have the "print", "enlarge", "PDF" and "hide" 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same goes for deleting "Waiting for Me to Prefill" - there isn't a Delete option. Please add this feature in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines