Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internal Error Occurred: Cannont Create Required Folder

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

We are using Lightroom Classic on Windows 7 Domain Computer.

I have an issue with one user who gets the above error which is due to lightroom not working with network folders. How do I make it point to the C drive instead of the users homedrive, the catalog file is already pointing to the C drive.

Thanks in Advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close Lightroom. If you don't have done, move the catalog folder to your new location. Press the Ctrl key while opening Lightroom - it'll ask you which catalog to open. Point it in the right direction, and check the 'always open this catalog' checkbox.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried that, I still get the error.

The catalog file is on the C Drive but the error comes up when it is trying to create a folder in the network drive.

How can I make it create folders on the C Drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

kevinl39756892  wrote

I have tried that, I still get the error.

The catalog file is on the C Drive but the error comes up when it is trying to create a folder in the network drive.

How can I make it create folders on the C Drive?

Then that user does not have permissions to create a folder on the network drive. Or at least LR doesn't see that that user has the proper permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the catalog file? You say the C drive but the C drive on what computer? The LR catalog file must be on the local computer, IE on a drive connected directly the the computer that you are using LR on. It can NOT be on a networked drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines