Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't send without first saving the .pdf - Acrobat Standard 2019.008.20071

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We're experiencing some strange issues with the new release of Acrobat Standard.

In earlier versions we could open up a .PDF attachment that contains an image and send it from Acrobat.
Now we are required to save it first.
Documents that contain only text works just fine.

Anyone have any clue why this behavior has changed?
Or how to change the behavior?

Best regards,
Jannis

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us.

Please confirm if you are performing the following steps :

1. You open a PDF file(in Acrobat) which is having an attachment as PDF.

2. This attachment is having image only. Now you open this attachment PDF in another tab.

3. Send this attachment PDF by clicking on mail icon.

Regards,

Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add to this thread as the same issue is happening here as well.  Yes I can confirm I am doing all three steps mentioned and am being forced to save before I can send.

Typically our normal workflow is:

1. The customer scans an invoice to an email from a scanner to Accounts Receivable.

2. Accounts Receivable opens the attachment from Outlook in Reader DC

3. Accounts Receivable adds a stamp to the PDF

4. Accounts Receivable clicks the email icon and it opens outlook and automatically attaches the email to whoever needs to approve the invoice.

The Current workflow now is

1. The customer scans an invoice to an email from a scanner to Accounts Receivable.

2. Accounts Receivable opens the attachment from Outlook in Reader DC

3. Accounts Receivable adds a stamp to the PDF

4. Accounts Receivable saves the email to a temp folder

5. Accounts Receivable opens a new email in outlook and attaches the PDF from the temp folder. -- This is making them irritable as now they have extra steps and have to name each file carefully so they don't lose it in the temp folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the inconvenience caused!

We are looking into it. We will let you know once we have a solution.

Regards,

Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My feelings are the same. Very awkward and inconvenient way of doing what used to be a simply thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue.  We used to be able to extract a page from a PDF and email just that page with the envelope icon.  Now we have to save that extracted page and attach it to an email.  Unless you can tell me how to get around this, please go back to the old version. This is WAY more inconvenient!  We don't need to save EVERYTHING. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Acrobat Reader DC add to registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown]

"bSendMailShareRedirection"=dword:00000000

For Acrobat Pro DC add to registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Pro\DC\FeatureLockDown]

"bSendMailShareRedirection"=dword:00000000

This fixed it for all my affected clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is still an issue for us. We are in an enterprise environment using Adobe Acrobat Reader and Pro. Adding the registry entries did not help. Right after I added them, the user was able to make changes and send to email without saving, but a day later was having the same issue again.

Please provide an alternative workaround.

Or preferably, Adobe please remove this ridiculous requirement. arvindy​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah - I'm gong to have to agree w/ everyone. WORST RELEASE EVER. I was always able to edit my PDFs, click the email button and it gave me option to save or not. 99% of the time I do NOT need to save my PDFs once I email them, so now I have no option but to save them before sending via email which is HUGE time and space suck.

PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE GETTING RID OF THIS FEATURE ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue also and it really is a time thief to have to do this, I send multiple pdf's daily and have no desire to save them. Has there been an update to the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the fix and it still doesn't work for me. What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

perhaps  it’s your adobe version? I’m using adobe pro dc, but I did notice that there are 2 selections of files...pro & reader? Maybe try it again? I didn’t have an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fixed worked perfectly. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it a few times. I click on 'get file' then 'open', then 'run',  a user account control shows asking if I want to allow this app to make changes to this device  'registry editor' click yes, registry editor warning window warning shows, click yes, then another window saying 'temp1_reader_dczip\reader_dcreg have been successfully added to the registry, OK.

But when I open a pdf and click the fill and sign icon, the envelope Gray's out and doesn't respond. Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was there ever an update on this? Did it get fixed? Taking the feature away is really the WORST. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines