Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere duplicates files when importing through PluralEyes

Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, I have an issue when importing files that were previously synced in PluralEyes 3.

I have one card of Audio and six cards of video. I would like to sync every card individually and not all cards at once. If I do this, I get six individual XML files that I can import into Premiere. Because the sound was only recorded on one card, I had to import all the sound for every card I wanted to sync. Therefore, the XML files will obviously have all the sound in every file. Once I import the XMLs into Premiere, it imports all of the sound six times, which I would like to avoid.

For some reason, Premiere didn't do this on the last project I worked on. It imported the sound once. When I imported the other cards, that had the same sound linked in them, Premiere didn't import the sound again - only the new video files that had not yet been imported.

I hope it is understandable, what my issue is. As it wasn't a problem on the last project, I am quite annoyed that it suddenly doesn't work the same way anymore.

Does anyone have suggestions for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Daniel Bendig,

Sorry for the frustration. Kindly update Premiere Pro past 12.0.1 to be clear of this issue: Re: Can't Import an XML without Duplicating Footage

If it is still occurring in later versions, please, file the bug here: Premiere Pro: Hot (3126 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines