6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2008 12:41 AM by sanWork

loadMovie & lockroot

i_am_captivate Level 1
      Hello,

What I am trying to do is pretty simple, but I guess it's not simple enough for me to figure out. I have a SWF called "loader.swf" and another SWF in the same directory called "quiz.swf". Loader.swf is one frame and has the following actions:

var mc:MovieClip = this.createEmptyMovieClip("mc", this.getNextHighestDepth());

var quiz:MovieClip = mc.createEmptyMovieClip("quiz", mc.getNextHighestDepth());
      quiz.loadMovie("quiz.swf");

The quiz is a built in Flash quiz that you can open when you open Flash by going to File - New - Templates and then click "Quiz" within the list. I opened up one of these and published it as "quiz.swf".

Ok so here is where we are at. When I run loader.swf, it does indeed open quiz.swf, but I cannot advance through the quiz. If I go to quiz.swf and put "this._lockroot = true" on the first frame, then I can advance through the quiz, but the drag and drop interaction will not work.

So I've tried things like "mc._lockroot = true" in loader.swf, but to no avail. What script can I put in loader.swf to make quiz.swf function properly? Seems like a simple problem to me, but I can't figure it out for the life of me.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Doug