Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to html with embedded jpg/png

Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

When I export to html, jpg's and png's are always placed into a folder named the same as the pdf itself.

Is there a way to export to a single html with embedded graphics?

Thanks

McL

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---
TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do, I don't think so. Embedding images is possible, but very rarely done, partly because of the effect on load time, and partly because editing is so much harder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I heard of solutions that use export to Word and then export from there ....

Just thought that there must be an easier way.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a follow up question:

When I export to html the graphics are exported into a sub-folder. The resulting graphics (jpg/png) are of much lower resolution than they are in the pdf. unfortunately, I could not find a way to fine-tune this?

Is this a bug or by design?

Franz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat go to Edit - Preferences - Export from PDF and select HTML 3.2 or 4.1. You can set there whether or not the images should be down-sampled, and to what new resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat Pro DC (latest) and I can not not find any export setting that lists levels for html nor is there a setting to influence the sampling/size of the resulting jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you see when you look where I've described?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In German:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your exact version of Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Continuous Release, 2019.008.20081

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven’t looked into it but I’d expect them to be reduced to an appropriate resolution for a web page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines