0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2008 11:16 AM by hmm213

Flash CS component won't install ...

hmm213
      I'm a linux user and I'm trying to test flash out. I have a qemu vm installed on my system with a perfectly fine version of winXP SP2. I can install any and all other software that i need no problem, but when i try to install flash, it messes up.

Basically what happens is that the installer installs flash Device, Bridge and Video Encoder component but fails to install CS3. This sucks, as it gives absolutely no error whatsoever so I don't have any idea of what the problem might be.

I've searched on the net and I found out that Flash logs to an Installer folder on C:. As it turns out though, i can't find any error message in the logs either. Needless to say, I've wasted a ridiculous amount of time already downloading, installing, uninstalling and reinstalling flash - which tends to give me a fairly poor impression of adobe and their software writing capabilites.

The XP is fresh, it has no other adobe products on it. I've checked the minimum requirements and as far as i can tell I've equalled or exceeded them all. I have no adobe files in the registry.

Does anyone have any ideas ?