• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Referring to multiple TEXT from Sequences ie Title, Subtitle, Actors, Location etc

Participant ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All. I would like to have a way to have a field entries or VARIABLES that I can assign text to and then use it somewhere else in the project so that changes made to the variables flow to any reference.  Is that possible?

It would be nice to have a way to show the text differently depending on the Sequence. Example Title "This is a very long title"

Sometimes displayed as

"This is a very long title"

And sometimes

"This is a very

long title"

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

PBMarc,

Yes, you can do things like that with Master Styles. Just create a new Master Style and then drag that on top of an existing title. If you want variations of title flows from the start, you can certainly create a simple motion graphics template that you can use again and again.

Let us know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you clarify what you are trying to do?

Screen shots of your timeline and titles will help.

It seems you are asking if there is a way to use a title in many instances in a sequence, then revise the title and have all instances update to that revision?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PBMarc,

Yes, you can do things like that with Master Styles. Just create a new Master Style and then drag that on top of an existing title. If you want variations of title flows from the start, you can certainly create a simple motion graphics template that you can use again and again.

Let us know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin

Welllll..... not exactly. Unless there is something I am missing that would not work. I would have to type of the same info numerous times and apply the styles.... I am looking for text to be used as a variable to alter in each seq... so in a title seq it would be 200pt font and 2 lines but in a main body seq the text would be scrolling along the bottom 30pt and no line breaks...

Thanks

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines