4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2008 3:32 PM by Rothrock

TextField Class Conflicts

Rothrock Level 5
      **Error** C:\Documents and Settings\Z682080\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\FP7\TextField.as: Line 7: The name of this class, 'TextField', conflicts with the name of another class that was loaded.

I'm getting the above error may 1 in 10 times I publish. I have no idea why. I've restarted Flash and done a Save and Compact. Neither of which helped. any ideas for places to look?
        • 1. Re: TextField Class Conflicts
          Level 7
          Hi Rothrock,

Are you using a TextField class that you've written? That would be my
          first guess. My second guess is that the ASO cache is using a faulty
          class...clear that. Finally, if you're writing/editing on a remote server,
          sometimes date/times cause these types of issues. Try copying the classes to
          your own system and recompiling (after setting the correct classpaths, of
          course).

Regards,
          Patrick Bay
          BAY NEW MEDIA

"Rothrock" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:foak8t$cu0$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > **Error** C:\Documents and Settings\Z682080\Local Settings\Application
          > Data\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\FP7\TextField.as: Line 7:
          > The
          > name of this class, 'TextField', conflicts with the name of another class
          > that
          > was loaded. I'm getting the above error may 1 in 10 times I publish. I
          > have
          > no idea why. I've restarted Flash and done a Save and Compact. Neither of
          > which
          > helped. any ideas for places to look?
          >

• 2. Re: TextField Class Conflicts
            Damon Edwards Level 3
            Maybe, for some reason, its importing from both the FP7 folder and the FP8 folder??!!? I can't be sure though, seems very very odd.
            • 3. Re: TextField Class Conflicts
              Rothrock Level 5
              Thanks dzedward that has become my thought too. I'm loading in an external swf that was published (by accident) to Flash 8, while my main swf was published to Flash 7. Unfortunately my loaded FLA has some code changes to make before I can republish it and see if it stops doing it.
              • 4. Re: TextField Class Conflicts
                Rothrock Level 5
                Thanks Patrick. I'll look into those as well. I'm using some custom classes, but none called TextField. A second compile usually clears the problem and it is so intermitent. Thanks for some directions to look.