• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D pdf not opening with Acrobat

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created several 3D pdfs from Autodesk Inventor and they will not open using Adobe Acrobat 9.0 standard but they will using Adobe Reader. I have enabled 3D media and do not see any other settings that would prevent this.

TOPICS
Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jamesdguy,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As shared, that the 3D pdfs are opening with the Adobe Reader but it doesn't with the Acrobat 9.0. I assume that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader DC is installed? However, Acrobat 9.0 is a very old version of Acrobat series.

So there could be a possibility that the 3D PDFs generated aren't compatible with the older version of Acrobat you are working on.

We don't have an option to check the same on at our end on Acrobat version 9.0. But we can test the same on Acrobat DC (latest version) which would help us understanding whether its a compatibility issue or problem with the Acrobat itself.

"You can share the file with us via email. And you can send it to the email that is shared via private message. Please do mention your forum thread in the subject"

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you get this resolved? I am having the same issue with Acrobat DC Pro. Was working, now not working. I suspect an update has caused the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines