• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Highlights Wrong Search Term

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat DC 2019.008.20071 on macOS X 10.14 (although this is happening in earlier Mac OS versions as well as Windows 10)

I have a PDF file filled with names in a graphic shape. Searching for a name is selecting and highlighting the wrong text.

This happens in both Mac and Windows desktop versions.

Search works correctly with the same file in Apple Preview as well as Acrobat on iOS (iPhone & iPad).

The PDF source is from 6 Illustrator files, each of which performs a correct search until they are joined into a single large PDF.

Any Ideas?

You can download my test file from this link:

SFJAZZ Search Test.pdf - Box

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Searching highlights the correct text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting. I wonder why the different computers in our office are all highlighting the incorrect text?

I suppose that once it works for someone, that's a positive. Thanks for the reply.

I'll continue to test on different computers before sending t it out to hundreds of people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines