• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Adobe Draw with Cricut?

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m considering sell my MacBook and investing in an iPad Pro.

The main issue I have is needing to make vector art which I can then cut out on my Cricut machine. The Cricut Design Space app needs .svg files - so is it possible to create SVG files with Adobe Draw and then save them in Files on the iPad, can artwork only be saved/transferred through Creative Cloud?

If I buy an iPad Pro - am I still going to need a laptop/computer with full Adobe Illustrator to send SVG files to my iPad to use in Cricut Design Space?

Thanks in advance!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Hey Rebecca

An iPad Pro is a good investment and Illustrator Draw makes it so much easier to bring projects to life if you have drawing abilities.

As Sue has already said, SVG export isn't possible directly from Illustrator Draw and you need to push your project to the desktop version of Illustrator for refinement and export to SVG—so I wouldn't go ditching that MacBook just yet.

I have a Cricut Explore Air 2 in my studio and just like other plotter/cutter systems the better the file that you give

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rebecca.

I'm not even going to pretend that I know what a Cricut machine is but I can tell you this much... It's not possible at this point to export a .svg directly from Draw; the work would need to be first taken into Illustrator CC.

In the iOS version of Draw, it's possible to export a .pdf directly from the app but it doesn't sound like that's an option for your software.

Perhaps someone with a bit more knowledge of the hardware/software you're using will respond too.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Rebecca

An iPad Pro is a good investment and Illustrator Draw makes it so much easier to bring projects to life if you have drawing abilities.

As Sue has already said, SVG export isn't possible directly from Illustrator Draw and you need to push your project to the desktop version of Illustrator for refinement and export to SVG—so I wouldn't go ditching that MacBook just yet.

I have a Cricut Explore Air 2 in my studio and just like other plotter/cutter systems the better the file that you give it the better (and faster to produce) the results will be, so I'd also look at optimising the file in Illustrator before uploading it to the design space; Ai Draw does tend to generate a lot of anchor points! I use the Vector First Aid plugin from Astute Graphics (whom I've had the great pleasure of working with recently on VFA v2) to optimise all of my Draw projects when they arrive in Illustrator; take a look at how here: 07: VectorFirstAid v2 - Super Smart Remove - YouTube

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines