9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2008 7:19 AM by Peter deHaan

When will be flex3 release date?

takizabc
      i am curiously about the release date, that is because i have a project that need to use flex3 and also include chart component and advanced datagrid. i should measure the time if i could completed it using by flex3 or not? if not, i would choose another way. did anybody can tell me?
        • 1. Re: When will be flex3 release date?
          Level 7
          Keep watching Labs and the Adobe home page for announcements. Products
          releases are typically announced 30 days in advance of the actual release.

--
          Nancy Gill
          Adobe Community Expert
          Author: Dreamweaver 8 e-book for the DMX Zone
          Co-Author: Dreamweaver MX: Instant Troubleshooter (August, 2003)
          Technical Editor: Dreamweaver CS3: The Missing Manual,
          DMX 2004: The Complete Reference, DMX 2004: A Beginner's Guide
          Mastering Macromedia Contribute
          Technical Reviewer: Dynamic Dreamweaver MX/DMX: Advanced PHP Web Development

"takizabc" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:fo6a2l$h5t$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >i am curiously about the release date, that is because i have a project
          >that
          > need to use flex3 and also include chart component and advanced datagrid.
          > i
          > should measure the time if i could completed it using by flex3 or not? if
          > not,
          > i would choose another way. did anybody can tell me?
          >

• 2. Re: When will be flex3 release date?
            epletsch
            It would be nice if Adobe would announce this one a little sooner. Even let us know what month it will be released.

Many of us have been deailing with the pain of beta 3 since Mid December, logging bugs which just get &quot;deffered to release&quot; and are sitting on projects that don't work in beta3 that we'd like to finish sometime. But, obviously we have to wait to release - and not knowing when that is going to be makes it difficult to stick with flex3.

Perhaps its time to go back to dojo...

• 3. Re: When will be flex3 release date?
              Raanan_Zvi Level 1
              Not to mention the expiration date!! I have 34 days left to beta 3. I'm waiting for the final release to buy and license. The purchase process in my company might take a long time...
              • 4. Re: When will be flex3 release date?
                mb20070622
                a ballpark estimate with a precision of a month plus-minus a quarter will be highly appreciated. The date of the availability of the flex sdk 3 is expected to have a great impact on our project planning therefore product release schedule, it would be nice if Adobe could reveal the timeline view whatever inaccurate and subject to change.
                • 5. Re: When will be flex3 release date?
                  wilsonGTi
                  I don't know if this means anything or not, but the Training from the Source book for Flex 3 has a release date of March 22, 2008 on Amazon. Hopefully Flex 3 will be released before that.
                  • 6. Re: When will be flex3 release date?
                    matt_chotin Level 3
                    Hi all,

We've long announced that Flex 3 will be available in early 2008. I would consider April to be "mid 2008" :-) In fact, I feel confident that Flex 3 will release before Beta 3 expires.

Matt
                    • 7. Re: When will be flex3 release date?
                      ctzn99 Level 1
                      quote:

Originally posted by: matt_chotin
                      Hi all,

We've long announced that Flex 3 will be available in early 2008. I would consider April to be "mid 2008" :-) In fact, I feel confident that Flex 3 will release before Beta 3 expires.

Matt

You're a tease!

• 8. Re: When will be flex3 release date?
                        lystephane
                        if some adobe member can reassure us about the final release date of flex builder 3 and the fact that our beta will not expire before this release date, this would be awesome!
                        • 9. Re: When will be flex3 release date?
                          Peter deHaan Level 4
                          Flex 3 will release before Beta 3 expires.

Peter