• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening CHM with HTMLHelp from MFC

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2006 Jul 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble with the topic not being selected in the TOC tree when I call HTMLHelp to a page in my CHM from an MFC application. I have another CHM that was not created with RoboHelp that works. Is there a setting in RoboHelp that I am missing for CHM compiles that allow this to work? Is anyone else having this problem? Please help! (no pun intended 🙂 )

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Jul 13, 2006 Jul 13, 2006
Hi LarEpp

There are two places you look.

1. Expand the Windows folder and double-click your default window. Down in the lower left corner of the Window Properties dialog is an area labeled Tri-pane Options. Click to place a check mark in the Auto-synchronize TOC. Click to place a check mark there and close the dialog.

2. Now expand the Single Source Layouts area. Right click the Microsoft HTML Help layout and choose Properties. Click the Advanced... button. Now the TOC Styles tab. Place a che...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LarEpp

There are two places you look.

1. Expand the Windows folder and double-click your default window. Down in the lower left corner of the Window Properties dialog is an area labeled Tri-pane Options. Click to place a check mark in the Auto-synchronize TOC. Click to place a check mark there and close the dialog.

2. Now expand the Single Source Layouts area. Right click the Microsoft HTML Help layout and choose Properties. Click the Advanced... button. Now the TOC Styles tab. Place a check mark in the "Always Show Selection" check box. Dismiss all dialogs, compile and test!

Hope this helps some... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2006 Oct 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem and sorry, I didn't understand what you told LarEpp. I can create and view the Microsoft HTML Help file when I save it on my local machine. But when I save it to the server so that it can be called by the powerbuilder program it accompanies, and open it to view the help, I get the following: "Internet Explorer was unable to link to the web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable." I can see the topic list, but clicking on a help topic just shows a blank in the right pane.
When you say expand the windows folder, where do you do that? Maybe that pertains to the MFC application LarEpp uses. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2006 Oct 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi SFarmer92 and welcome to our community

What I advised LarEpp was related to synchronizing the Table of Contents with the displayed topic. Your issue is totally different. From what I see, you are trying to make a .CHM file work in a LAN environment. Click here to read all about this pesky issue

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!! My first problem was that I didn't even have a window specified! It all works great now.You rock RoboWizard!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, you must be looking over my shoulder when I drive! Cause I Roll too.

(I'm an old Rock & Roll fan)

Seriously, I'm glad to have been of any assistance. But keep in mind that we work hard to keep the forums a nice, friendly, and most of all helpful! place to visit. There are a good many of us here that are that way.

Cheers all! Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, you must be looking over my shoulder when I drive! Cause I Roll too.

(I'm an old Rock & Roll fan)

Seriously, I'm glad to have been of any assistance. But keep in mind that we work hard to keep the forums a nice, friendly, and most of all helpful! place to visit. There are a good many of us here that are that way.

Cheers all! Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp