• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi. I have problem import psd file to after effects.

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to import Psd file as editable layers. When I import my file into After effects It doesn't opening the dialog box to choose "Editable Layer style"

Thanks you very much !!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you want to import it as a Composition so that AE sees your PS file as a folder and they layers in the PS file as the source footage.

In the Import dialog box, look at the "Import As" option and select either "Composition" or "Composition - Retain Layers Sizes".

Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 8.12.59 AM.png

"Editable Layer Styles" is a secondary option that appears in the next dialog box. 

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably you have your PSD in CMYK color space. If so, you need to change to RGB for AE to recognize layers inside a PSD document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had the same problem and was about to lose my mind. TBut that was it. Had no idea AE didn't prompt the options box or accept the PSD layered files if they are in CMYK space. Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ramaa:

Did you manage to get your file to import as expected?

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines