Exit

How to convert SVG to "Shape" for use in Adobe Draw

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

Looking for some guidance on this issue -

I am trying to import some SVG files into my Adobe library for use in Adobe Draw on a tablet.

I found instructions on how to add the SVG files to my library, but when I open Adobe Draw, these files are not available to use.

Apparently the only usable files need to be identified as 'Shapes'.

Apparently 'Shapes' are also vector files - I was able to successfully create one in Adobe Capture, and when this was added to my library, it was identified as an SVG but of the type 'Shape' -

shape.png

Here is how the other SVGs are being identified:

shape_no.png

What I am wondering here is what I need to do to my other SVG files in order to have them identified as 'Shapes' within the Adobe products?

Any help would be appreciated -

Thanks -

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Mark.

You can get those assets into Draw through the Creative Cloud Files folder BUT (and this is a big but), they will not be vector objects. Capture is currently the only way to get .svgs into Draw.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Adobe Illustrator Draw (mobile app)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark.

This is confusing to a lot of people, but the short answer is that .svg files not created in Capture will not show up, even in that same library, in Capture or in Draw.

Capture is only for Capture assets. So in order to have those shapes show up in Capture/Draw you'd have to first bring them into Capture and save them as Shapes there.

I know that doesn't make things any easier but I at least hope it clarifies them.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm interesting - thanks a ton, Sue -

It does clarify it some -

Related question then -

Is there any way at all possible to create an asset in Adobe Illustrator on Desktop, save it to the Library, and have that item available in the Library in Adobe Draw?

Or would they all have to somehow make it through Capture and into Draw (I'm hoping there is a way, as I am trying to perform a bulk operation here, and manually saving hundreds of icons through Capture does not really sound like a fun experience) -

Thanks for your time!

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mark.

You can get those assets into Draw through the Creative Cloud Files folder BUT (and this is a big but), they will not be vector objects. Capture is currently the only way to get .svgs into Draw.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines