5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2018 1:36 PM by mariannel85346273

Please help! How to stop adobe trying to open when I need to open a doc file link???

mariannel85346273 Level 1

Hi there, I would love some help if someone knows the answer to this as it is driving me nuts! :-0

My son's school uses 'show my homework'. Teachers usually link a document to a piece of homework (usually a docx file). When you click on the link there are usually some options as to which application you want to open it with. I once made the mistake of pressing adobe pdf's for all these file types. And now of course when I click on the link adobe tries to open the file and I get a warning sign saying:

Adobe Acrobat Reader could not open 'big_issue_2-8.docx' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).

I have tried a few things and can't seem to undo what I have done. As you may imagine it's driving me nuts and I have to open the link on my phone and email it to self and then open it to print :-\

Any help will be gratefully received!