1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 22, 2008 10:16 AM by uniqode

error ms access adding data

thomo007
      Hi there all, I'm having a little trouble with adding data to my MS database. I have a number of fields, in oone table called users. One of the fields is an ID field which is a primary key, the rest are not.
      I've successfully connected flex to Coldfusion datasources and have created a master and detail page iusing the coldfusion/flex application wizard, when I run my application, everything runs well, I can view and even edit details in my Database, however I cannot add to the database, I get

(mx.rpc::Fault)#0
      errorID = 0
      faultCode = "Server.Processing"
      faultDetail = (null)
      faultString = "java.lang.String cannot be cast to [B"
      message = "faultCode:Server.Processing faultString:'java.lang.String cannot be cast to [B' faultDetail:'null'"
      name = "Error"
      rootCause = (null)

as an error msg, I think it is something to do with the primary keys, however I'm unsure, the ID fiels does show in the detail page, but it isn't editable and default is 0.

Thanks for any help.
      Kind regards

James
        • 1. Re: error ms access adding data
          uniqode
          You may bee trying to write a string value to a column defined as an Integer. Also check if the ID field set to auto_increment in the database? If it is set as the primary key but not auto_increment, you will need to provide a unique number for it each time via the form.