0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2018 1:41 AM by benr48764503

PhoneGap CLI issue with Gradle

benr48764503 Level 1

Hello, I will try to detail this issue as much as I can as it has been driving me crazy for 3 days. Steps: Phonegap CLI was working fine until I decide to update Android Studio from 3.0 to 3.2 Scripts versions:

PS C:\laragon\www\keep-android> gradle --version

Kotlin DSL:   1.0-rc-6

Kotlin:       1.2.61

Groovy:       2.4.15

Ant:          Apache Ant(TM) version 1.9.11 compiled on March 23 2018

JVM:          1.8.0_181 (Oracle Corporation 25.181-b13)

phonegap 8.0.0

gradle       4.10.2

node         8.12.0

When I run this command via the CLI:

PS C:\laragon\www\keep-android> phonegap run -d android

I get this error:

[phonegap] executing 'cordova run -d android' ...
      No scripts found for hook "before_run".

No scripts found for hook "before_prepare".

Checking config.xml and package.json for saved platforms that haven't been added to the project

Config.xml and package.json platforms are the same. No pkg.json modification.

Package.json and config.xml platforms are different. Updating config.xml with most current list of platforms.

PlatformApi successfully found for platform android

Android Studio project detected

Checking config.xml for saved plugins that haven't been added to the project

Checking for any plugins added to the project that have not been installed in android platform

No differences found between plugins added to project and installed in android platform. Continuing...

Generating platform-specific config.xml from defaults for android at C:\laragon\www\keep-android\platforms\android\app\src\main\res\xml\config.xml

Merging project's config.xml into platform-specific android config.xml

Merging and updating files from [www, platforms\android\platform_www] to platforms\android\app\src\main\assets\www

copy platforms\android\platform_www\cordova_plugins.js platforms\android\app\src\main\assets\www\cordova_plugins.js (updated file)

Wrote out android application name "Keep Android" to C:\laragon\www\keep-android\platforms\android\app\src\main\res\values\strings.xml

android-versionCode not found in config.xml. Generating a code based on version in config.xml (1.0.0): 10000

Wrote out Android package name "com.keep" to C:\laragon\www\keep-android\platforms\android\app\src\main\java\com\keep\MainActivity.java

Updating icons at platforms\android\app\src\main\res

Updating splash screens at platforms\android\app\src\main\res

This app does not have additional resource files defined

Prepared android project successfully

No scripts found for hook "after_prepare".

ANDROID_HOME=C:\Users\Ben\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk

JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_181

studio

Subproject Path: CordovaLib

Subproject Path: app

Running command: cmd "/s /c "C:\laragon\www\keep-android\platforms\android\gradlew.bat cdvBuildDebug -b C:\laragon\www\keep-android\platforms\android\build.gradle -Dorg.gradle.daemon=true -Dorg.gradle.jvmargs=-Xmx2048m -Pandroid.useDeprecatedNdk=true""

Exception in thread "main"
      java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not load wrapper properties from 'C:\laragon\www\keep-android\platforms\android\gradle\wrapper\gradle-wrapper.properties'.
        at org.gradle.wrapper.WrapperExecutor.<init>(WrapperExecutor.java:61)
        at org.gradle.wrapper.WrapperExecutor.forWrapperPropertiesFile(WrapperExecutor.java:45)
        at org.gradle.wrapper.GradleWrapperMain.main(GradleWrapperMain.java:60)
      Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: No value with key 'distributionUrl' specified in wrapper properties file 'C:\laragon\www\keep-android\platforms\android\gradle\wrapper\gradle-wrapper.properties'.
        at org.gradle.wrapper.WrapperExecutor.reportMissingProperty(WrapperExecutor.java:135)
        at org.gradle.wrapper.WrapperExecutor.readDistroUrl(WrapperExecutor.java:78)
        at org.gradle.wrapper.WrapperExecutor.prepareDistributionUri(WrapperExecutor.java:67)
        at org.gradle.wrapper.WrapperExecutor.<init>(WrapperExecutor.java:54)
        ... 2 more

Command finished with error code 1: cmd /s /c "C:\laragon\www\keep-android\platforms\android\gradlew.bat cdvBuildDebug -b C:\laragon\www\keep-android\platforms\android\build.gradle -Dorg.gradle.daemon=true -Dorg.gradle.jvmargs=-Xmx2048m -Pandroid.useDeprecatedNdk=true"

(node:8024) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: cmd: Command failed with exit code 1 Error output:
      Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not load wrapper properties from 'C:\laragon\www\keep-android\platforms\android\gradle\wrapper\gradle-wrapper.properties'.
        at org.gradle.wrapper.WrapperExecutor.<init>(WrapperExecutor.java:61)
        at org.gradle.wrapper.WrapperExecutor.forWrapperPropertiesFile(WrapperExecutor.java:45)
        at org.gradle.wrapper.GradleWrapperMain.main(GradleWrapperMain.java:60)
      Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: No value with key 'distributionUrl' specified in wrapper properties file 'C:\laragon\www\keep-android\platforms\android\gradle\wrapper\gradle-wrapper.properties'.
        at org.gradle.wrapper.WrapperExecutor.reportMissingProperty(WrapperExecutor.java:135)
        at org.gradle.wrapper.WrapperExecutor.readDistroUrl(WrapperExecutor.java:78)
        at org.gradle.wrapper.WrapperExecutor.prepareDistributionUri(WrapperExecutor.java:67)
        at org.gradle.wrapper.WrapperExecutor.<init>(WrapperExecutor.java:54)
        ... 2 more
        at ChildProcess.whenDone (C:\laragon\www\keep-android\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\cordova-common\src\superspawn.js:169:23)
        at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:182:13)
        at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:961:16)
        at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:248:5)

(node:8024) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 1)
      (node:8024) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

[phonegap] completed 'cordova run -d android --no-telemetry'

What I have tried the last 3 days:

I uninstalled everything including Phonegap, android studio, node, jdk

Reinstalled everything, same issue.

I tried to get to the file:

C:\laragon\www\keep-android\platforms\android\cordova\lib\builders\GradleBuilder.js

And change

var distributionUrl = process.env['CORDOVA_ANDROID_GRADLE_DISTRIBUTION_URL'] || 'https\\://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-4.1-all.zip';

to

var distributionUrl = process.env['CORDOVA_ANDROID_GRADLE_DISTRIBUTION_URL'] || 'file:///c:/laragon/gradle-4.1-all.zip';

Same issue unfortunately.

One thing I have noticed is that my platforms\android\gradle\wrapper\gradle-wrapper.properties has no data in it, is this normal?

As the error seems to be pointing to this file.

Thank you.