8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2018 1:41 PM by Per Berntsen

Export Issue and no back up

crystalc052607

I had a very outdated Mac and I finally updated it the past few days. IT took 4 updates and MANY HOURS to get it to run Mojave OS Now my catalog is missing and I dont think its worth finding again but I can't export anything it now. I wonder if I need to update LR from 5.7.1 or just try to uninstall and reinstall to fix the issue. Below is the screen shot from when I try to export. Help Please!

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 2.46.51 PM.png

After the first update I noticed my lightroom catalog was all gone. I figured I wouldn't freak out till I tried some more. So I also realized that I made a high mistake in thinking that my files were saved since when I would close LR they were always there still, so I never backed it up. (SHAME! I KNOW!) SO My question is, do/can I try to use time machine to pull my catalogs back up again and then save them? Do I just take this as a lesson learned and make sure I backup from here on out (I only had one project I was working on that wasn't exported) I will have lost all those in progress edits from a few years for personal and work stuff. I don't need to access them so its only the thought that upsets me and I will have a tad of personal edits to redo that weren't done.