• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Couple hiccups with indesign

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I have lots of experience with photoshop but it's my first day using indesign - much much different.

Anyway, what I'm trying to do is pretty simple. A clean black and white fillable .pdf doc.

Fillable forms elements - almost done, minus a few weird things:

1. When hovering over the boxes a light purple color shows up until you begin typing (then it goes back to white). I check my color swatch and it says "NONE". I would like to keep it transparent, white, or at least change the color. Any help?
  2. After typing the text in the box and hitting tab to the next form the text moves itself high in the box and looks very poorly placed - bad for when someone wants to print it up especially.
  3. I made all my borders transparent with a 0 stroke width. They are all not there until I type in a form. After text is placed in it, I get a border around 3 sides of the box but not the top - it looks terrible!

Interactive parts:

1. clickable text at bottom - working fine
  2. I would love to make it possible for people to upload .png or .jpg files to the last page. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks! Much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are all of these issues after converting the file to PDF? Not in InDesign, right?

When hovering over the boxes a light purple color shows up until you begin typing (then it goes back to white). I check my color swatch and it says "NONE".

1. In Acrobat, open deselect Show border hover color for fields in Preferences > Forms.

Screenshot 2018-10-11 15.54.12.png

After typing the text in the box and hitting tab to the next form the text moves itself high in the box and looks very poorly placed - bad for when someone wants to print it up especially.

2. Can you share a screen shot—this isn't clear.

I made all my borders transparent with a 0 stroke width. They are all not there until I type in a form. After text is placed in it, I get a border around 3 sides of the box but not the top - it looks terrible!

3. Check your Appearance states in Window > Buttons and Forms

I would love to make it possible for people to upload .png or .jpg files to the last page. Is there a way to do this?

2. Not from within InDesign. You can ask at the Acrobat forum: PDF Forms

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When hovering over the boxes a light purple color shows up until you begin typing (then it goes back to white). I check my color swatch and it says "NONE".

1. In Acrobat, open deselect Show border hover color for fields in Preferences > Forms.

Hi jacobn80917958,

While the above is correct, please note that this preference is for your computer alone. There are many things in Acrobat that are controlled by the user, not the creator. Unless your readers do the same thing, they will get the field highlighting.

For the rest, please select a form field in Acrobat and show Properties with any appropriate tab so we can see what is going on with the Borders and Alignment.

See this thread for the users to insert images. There are a couple of issues and it does require JavaScript.

Insert image in Adobe Acrobat DC fillable form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is what is happening with the borders.  Stoke is set to 0 and borders are set to transparent.  But  After receiving input text they

start acting funny.

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 7.08.56 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.  So I unchecked "Show border hover color for fields" and it doesnt show a color UNLESS  the is text in the field.  After text is in the field and I've hit tab it will then show a hover color still.Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 7.01.30 AM.png

In the screenshot is an example of what my text is doing after I've completed filling in a box.

Note:  I have "scrollable" unchecked.

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines