Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panel position after sleep mode

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

is there a way to prevent InDesign (and all other Adobe applications) to move all panels from second to main screen after re-awakening from sleep mode? I already use workspaces but InDesign moves all panels to main screen when switching to sleep mode. After re-awakening from sleep mode I have to reset my workspace manually to move all panels back to second screen.

Thanks for your answers

Marco

System: Mac OS 10.12.6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

I'd suggest asking in the Apple forums for help: Here's the one for macOS Sierra which you're running:

macOS Sierra - Apple Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

it sounds to be an Operating system issue. Try to upgrade it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, definitely the OS. Mojave still does it.

One thing I haven't 'deliberately' tried is maybe hide apps before sleeping, that might keep the panel positions in place, maybe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning on Window > Application Frame. That works for me. I have it on all the time. Same setup as you.

EDIT: I don't have a second monitor, but I've heard it works better with Application Frame on when two monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

thanks for your answers. There’s one new thing I found out: I usually switch off my external screens during sleep mode to save energy. When I keep them switched on during sleep mode, the panels stay where they are. But when I switch them off after going to sleep mode the system somehow moves all open windows to main screen. That’s kind of annoying as I have to reset my workspace every time I wake my Mac up from sleep mode. My Windows PC memorizes all window position even during sleep mode and with switched off screens. I would really appreciate this behavior on Mac.

Do you switch off your screens during sleep mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suggest asking in the Apple forums for help: Here's the one for macOS Sierra which you're running:

macOS Sierra - Apple Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this thread as a "SOLVED" question while doing a google search for the same issue. Referring someone to another website to seek an answer is not a solution!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if the problem is with the other site's product, then yeah...checking with them is the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The key word being "IF". Please show me where the solution to this problem has been solved. Telling someone to go look elsewhere is not a solution unless they provide a precise link to the solution. Even then, what are the chances that a link to a third-party site will work in the future? I'd say pretty slim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is two years old. Start a new one with your details about your problem.

This one is asked and answered and I'm going to lock it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines