• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Presets Not Being Displayed

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem with LR Classic at the moment. My presets aren't missing, but they're not being displayed.

The below screenshot shows what I mean. When I open up presets either nothing appears to happen or I get a long empty box. If I hover my mouse over areas of that "empty" box, I get previews of the presets in action. LR still knows they're there.  But there's not text to say what they are. Also, I have many presets are within sub-folders.

presets.JPG

I'm using the current version of LR Classic. System info pasted below.

system.JPG

Short of re-installing LR, is there anything I can do?

Thanks,

Adam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

HI Adam,

Sorry that the presets panel is showing up blank in Lightroom Classic CC 7.5.

I'd recommend that you restore the app preferences to default as mentioned in this article How to set Lightroom Classic CC preferences and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Adam,

Sorry that the presets panel is showing up blank in Lightroom Classic CC 7.5.

I'd recommend that you restore the app preferences to default as mentioned in this article How to set Lightroom Classic CC preferences and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Akash. That worked.

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know it helped.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A short follow-up to this that may be of use to others. Although restoring app preferences to default as above worked, it only worked for a short time. Then the same problem occurred.

In the end I removed all my presets from the new folder they're in (Edit > Preferences > Presets > Show Lightroom Develop Presets), carried out the restore process, and then added batches of presets back using the XMP format versions of those presets. By adding in small groups, I eventually came across two presets that were causing problems, both from the same vendor. Adding these into LR caused the issue to recur.

So I removed those presets from the folder noted above and added the rest in. This fixed my problem, although I no longer have two previously working presets. I can live without these.

Hopefully this may help others who suffer this same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the detailed update. Please file a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bugs reported: Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Adobe product developers read everything posted there and sometimes reply but rarely participate here.  Upload the two problematic presets to Dropbox or similar and include the sharing link in your bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines