• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to download e-arc with error message

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently tried to download an e-arc from First to Read's link yesterday. I've gotten this error message: 

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:

E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12

I've tried it on Firefox Quantum and Safari and got the same message for Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 on my MacBook Air with High Sierra OS. I had the same issue a year ago and now it's back.  I had no issues with it this summer, when I downloaded two links from First to Read.  I also updated Adobe and got the same message too. Any ideas on how to fix it or why I'm getting it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Hi,

Can you please try to follow the instructions given in the following article and see if that makes any difference- https://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/error-e_auth_bad_device_key.html

Error "E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY" | Digital Editions | Mac OS X

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please try to follow the instructions given in the following article and see if that makes any difference- https://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/error-e_auth_bad_device_key.html

Error "E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY" | Digital Editions | Mac OS X

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI. I did try to follow directions. But I'm not able to find Adobe Digital Editions in my Keychain Access panel under applications. What do I do next? Do I need to re-download and re-authorize it? Due to an email password issue I had in August with Apple, I had to fix my Keychain Access by locking it. I think it's been deleted by mistake. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Please try the following steps and see if that makes any difference-

1.     Quit Adobe Digital Editions.
  2.     Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
  3.     Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize it with correct Adobe Id/Vendor Id to which your eBook has been tied with.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ajit. Nothing worked.  I've checked the authorization. It says my computer's been authorized to open the documents. But why am I still getting that error message? Is there a way for me to change my ID or password to reauthorize it or to erase it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I have sent you a private message. Please check and respond so that we can connect and help you out further.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines