Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color changing when trying to export for Instagram

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm trying to post a picture on Instagram, but when I send the picture I took and edited in Lightroom classic, skin tones look more orange then what is was looking like on my computer. I completely ruin the picture.

Why is it doing that? I saw online that it was related to color profils. My pictures were took in ProPhoto RGB, and I export them in sRGB, because this is what the web is using. But still, on Instagram, my colors are still changing.

Anyone knows why?

I use a Sony A7III with a G-Master 24-70, shot in RAW, so ARW files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What web browser do you use? And what is the make and model of your monitor?

If you have a wide gamut monitor, and are using the Edge browser or Internet Explorer, which are both not color managed, colors will be over saturated and wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using Chrome on my phone and on my computer. My monitor is a Dell P2715Q 4k monitor...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome is color managed, and should display correct colors even if you have wide gamut monitor (as far as I can tell, you don't).

But when two color managed applications display different colors, it's usually due to a defective or incompatible monitor profile.

Try setting the monitor profile to sRGB. If that fixes the issue, you should ideally calibrate your monitor with a hardware calibrator.

Go to Control panel > Color management. Make sure that Use my settings for this device is checked. Add the sRGB profile, and set it as Default.

You can't expect to see correct colors on a phone, they do not have color management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Forgot to mention that you have to restart Lightroom and Chrome after changing the monitor profile, so that they become aware of the new profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines