• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choppy Skipping Buggy Video Import from iPhone

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made many videos on PPcc (Windows 10) using footage from my iphone 8 and iphone 6. However, on my newest project, when I import video from the iphone, the footage skips and repeats all over the place (the audio is fine, so it loses sync). Sometimes I even think I notice that it plays fine the first time I go through it, but if I scroll the video around it starts getting buggy, as if scrolling through confused the system???. After that point, whenever you go through the footage it skips and repeats on the same spots every time. What changed all of sudden to make this happen (as I said, I have used the same equipment many times)? What can I do about it? The original video files play fine on any media player.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Please try to clean the cache ( FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files? ) and check if it's working properly. Also, please provide your system specifications like CPU, GPU and RAM for better troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with iPhone XS footage. Really strange. It plays fine the 1st time, then when it's in the timeline it's buggy and out of sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That of course is VFR media. No matter what the frame rate setting in that phone is set to, the phone decides if it can get by with fewer frames ... and constantly changes that... while recording to card.

Variable framerate media is still a fairly new thing in PrPro. Some times, some clips, it does better than others.

After importing a bin of VFR, I would recommend selecting all then modify/interpret-as to set the assumed frame rate to that which was set in the device.

It fixes a lot of these clips.

THEN start using the media on sequences.

For clips already on a sequence you binned to right-click the clip on the timeline and modify as above.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did now work for me.. 2020 january 30!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was not a problem for me until I updated to 13.0.01

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did any of those solutions work for you? I am having the same issue post update to 13.0.01

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines