• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Premiere Pro run in my PC with the following spec?

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I need a powerful video editing software.I heard Premiere Pro is the best. But to plan weather to purchase it or not, I first need to know if it will run flawlessly in my PC.

The following is my PC spec. Please tell me if i should purchase it. If it will run flawlessly i will, Because i have heard its pretty heavy and might need high spec to run.

I also have Nvidia Graphics 740M.

Capture.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your RAM is weak. I recommend >=16GB these days for Premiere.  You can scrape by with small projects on 8GB but if you can support 16GB get it.

Your CPU is workable but slow so rendering times may be longer/more intensive which leads to thermal concerns.

You do not list the free space or drive speed of your hard drive.  >=7200rpm and more that half free would be a starting point.

You need an external HDD for your media too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 6 GB RAM and the CPU does't even meet the minimum specs to run it:

Adobe Premiere Pro CC System Requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Hardware forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your system is now too old to run the newest version of Premiere Pro CC at all. And even with the now no-longer-available 2015 version, your system is too weak to run it: You need to add more RAM just to run it at all - and even then, you will not be happy at all with its CPU-only performance, taking 4 times longer than a decent newer laptop to render most real-world projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines