• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Lightroom crashes YouTube stream

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the last version of Lightroom Classic CC 7.5 but this was true also with some previous versions on Windows 10, GTX 1080 Ti.

When using Lightroom, YouTube (usually using Chrome, will try with Firefox when I have the occasion) stream freezes and can only be resumed by reloading the page (losing the progression time).

Frequency: currrently I need to reload the videos after watching like 30 to 60 seconds.

When not using Lightroom, YouTube does not crash, so there must be something going on when having both running on the same computer.

Someone will probably say that disabling GPU acceleration is the solution to all problems in the world, but that not the kind of solution I'm hoping for.

Any idea, clue, advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can notice that the video streams usually has a micro pause (lie a "small scratch") at some moments Lightroom has to (re)render some photos, changing photo or modifying some effects.

When using Firefox, the same "small scratch" is noticeable, however the video doesn't hang irreversibly as it happens with Chrome.

Anyway, I would like to know how to avoid this unwanted interaction between application at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some more usage of Lightroom along with Firefox. YouTube streaming can also crash in Firefox when using Lightroom, just compared to Chrome, it recover the stream many more times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After a few days of testing Firefox as a solution,  YouTube stream is also crashing like every minutes when used along with Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines