• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does it take so long to launch Acrobat?

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There didn't seem a way to message someone directly form Adobe – perhaps this is the way...

I've got a new MacBook Pro and the latest version of Acrobat – why does it take around 20 seconds to launch a PDF? It's just a bit frustrating when clients phone out of the blue and you have to leave them waiting while Acrobat chugs along.

Am I doing something wrong?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that how long it takes to start the Acrobat app, or to open a PDF once Acrobat is already open? Do you have Acrobat Pro 2017 (permanent license) or Acrobat Pro DC (subscription)? What exact version do you have (please don't say "latest")?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The app opens instantly but takes up to 30 seconds to open even a 200k PDF. I've got Acrobat Pro DC Continuous Release Version 2019.008.20074. Any ideas for speeding it up would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines