• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just did the update to 2019 and opening a project from the other day is giving me trouble

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I updated to the lastest CC version of premiere, and the project I was working on the previous day is now giving me trouble.

I get the following warning:
"A low-level exception occurred in: lvcode64.dll (GetAVICodecs)"
Then, when I try to drag any .mxf clips from my bin (shot on a Canon XF350s, XF300s, and XF100s) it won't let me drop them onto the video portion of the timeline but will let me drop them on the audio portion of the time line. Specifically in a sequences set for those cameras.

Explain this malarkey and render aid!

My system specs if Relevant:

• Motherboard: MSI – Z370-A PRO
  • CPU: Intel Core i3-8350K
  • Memory: GeIL POTENZA DDR4-2400 2 x 8GB
  • Graphic Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 2GB
  • Hard Drive: Seagate BarraCuda Pro 2TB
  • CPU Cooling: Cooler Master – Hyper 212 EVO
  • Case: DIYPC – Solo-T1-R
  • Power Supply: EVGA – 500W 80+ Bronze

Now, when I first finished the update and tried to open, it said I needed to update the drivers of my graphics card. I was still able to open before hand, and found this problem initially. Then I went to NVidia's website and updated my drivers and installed their stupid Nvidia Experience program which threw me for a loop because it was replacing my real audio drivers and couldn't hear — until I set it back which was a minor annoyance, but then when I opened Premiere again I was having the same problems as I initially described above.

I seek solutions. I will answer any additional questions to acquire those solutions. Be you fellows frustrated in this manner on the ground or techs from on high within the lofty prowess and resources of adobe itself, I plead your aid.

Moderator note: please avoid using profanity. We have users of all ages reading these forums.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Our latest patch released last week has a fix related to some of the issues mentioned in this thread.

It is a small dedicated patch related to a few key fixes.   (link below)

Bugs fixed in versions 13.0.1 and 13.0 releases of Premiere Pro

Please make sure your version of 13.0 is updated with this patch.   Notice the link above provides useful info on related issues.

If other issues remain, please feel free to reach out to me with applicable info.

Thanks!

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 109 Replies 109
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to install Nvidie Experience. Just the driver.

Uninstall Premiere.

Reinstall the Nvidia driver.

Install Pr.

See how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, still won't let me drop my mxf files or mp4 files into the timeline and I'm still getting the Low Level exception above when I open the program.

Now, in uninstalling v13.0 I discover it didn't uninstall v12.1.2 so I'll just pop that open and see if it still works fine.

Okay, weird thing just happened. I cannot drag and drop individual .mxf files from specific chains of files completed onto the timeline, but If I highlight more than one in a chain of files I can drag them onto the timeline, but they are complete compilations of the chain twice. Gonna test this with a singular mp4, and it alone won't be dropped into the video portion of the sequence timeline...buuuuut if I highlight it and anything else in my bin (a text overlay, a png file) it drops into the timeline...

Adobe explain! EXPLAIN THIS MADNESS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You normally import or use the Media Browser to open project but now

Open project with Pr 13 with explorer. Right click on project and open with....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also getting the lvcode64.dll exception, but I am able to use MXF files just fine (shot from a C-300 Mark II, but I don't think that should matter too much?)

I am also running Windows. I wonder if this isn't happening on MacOS. Love to hear from someone who does have a mac, but I doubt they'd up here if they're not having the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the exact same error after the CC 2019 update.  It cannot work within any of the video timelines on any project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same "low level exception (GetAVICodecs)" error when first opening a project. This behavior only started when I upgraded to 2019, it was not present in PP 2018. Maybe Adobe needs to address this. All other functionality of the program seems to be OKAY.

MainGear Shift

Intel I core 7

Dual nVidia GTX 690 video cards

Windows 10 October 2018 Edition

Thanks,

Bill Byrnes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error for me w PremPro 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hola, tengo el mismo problema.

¿ pudiste encontrar alguna solución ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here, just upgraded to 2019 and getting issues as mentioned in this post.

My Spec:

CPU: Intel i7 Gen8 - 8700K

RAM: 32MB RAM

Graphics: GeForce GTX 1050Ti

MotherBoard: ASUS ROG Z-370

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error message on Windows 10:

A low-level exception occurred in: lvcod64.dll (getAVICodecs)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't have this problem but "lvcod64.dll" seems to be related to Logitech Webcam software/driver.

Maybe your webcam is setup by default like capture device since the premiere pro CC 2019 update?

Try to remove/rename the file under C:\windows\system32 (or other system disk) and make a new test.

Hope this will be useful for you guys.

Damien SB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I did to temporary solve the issue.

- I uninstalled my Logitech software and deleted the .dll in question. Once deleted, all is good!

But, once i re-install the Logitech drivers, the same problem persisted. Definitely, a Logitech related issue somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add one more thing. Even though the error still occurs after re-installing the Logitech drivers, I am now able to edit on the Timeline with the error showing on the bottom right. The driver removal/adding process somehow allowed me to able work on the timeline with no issues. (so far)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to know! At least this is a temporary fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly: NEVER open older projects in a newer version of Premiere.

Secondly: NEVER open older projects in a newer version of Premiere.

That is a recipe for disaster which is why it's 1st and 2nd.

Third: Create a new project in 2019. Attempt to import your old project. See if that makes a difference.

If that doesn't work, create a new project in 2019, attempt to import the raw footage (not from the old project, just the raw footage) to see if you get the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just created a new project. As soon as I created a blank sequence, I got the “low level exception” error. There were no media whatsoever in the new project and sequence. I then imported the original project, deleted the blank sequence. The problem is the same. I get the error when I first start an open PP and any project. If I close a project and open it again, I DO NOT get the error.

Bill Byrnes

[personal info deleted, forum policy]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed Premiere had a pretty large minimum requirement spec bump. Is the graphics card supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get the error with lvcod64.dll? Do you have a Logitech Webcam installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Logitech C270 HD WEBCAM for use with Adobe Character Animator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. If I delete the dynamic link library, (lvcod64.dll), I assume the web cam and microphone stop working. Is that correct?

Bill Byrnes

[please do not post personal info, forum policy]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the webcam would be disabled.

This is a temporary workaround.  We are investigating and addressing the issue and hope to provide a fix for this issue soon.

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Wes. I appreciate the help.

Bill Byrnes

[please do not post personal info, forum policy]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to chime in...I'm getting a low-level CFHD.dll (GetAVIcodecs) error even when simply opening the program and starting a new project. No video at all.

Newest Nvidia drivers, threw away preferences, etc. Same thing.

I can still edit and export normally on any old or new project though. Just get the same error every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines