• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to disable home screen

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to PS 20.0.0 and cannot find a way to prevent the annoying Home Screen window from popping up after closing files. I tried toggling the "Disable Home Screen" in Preferences/General several times. At one point it seemed to work then later the screen popped up again. Tried Adobe chat support but they were no help. Anyone else have this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Ok, I think I may have removed it by unchecking "use legacy new document interface" and quitting photoshop and relaunching. (in general settings) (leave the "disable the home screen" checked.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems you've followed all the right steps > It should be disabled after Restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried that several times both with the box checked and with the box unchecked. Not only did I restart PS each time I also rebooted my Mac a couple of times, just for good measure. Oddly, it did seem to go away for a bit, but then the window reappeared later. Chat support shrugged it off as a new release bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never seen CC 2019 start screen.  The installer migrated my preferences which turn off the start workspace and editing in tabs an floating windows.  However it did not migrate mey PSUserCofig.txt so my Wacom Tablet did not work with CC 2019.  I also had to add an additional entry in PSUserCofig.txt to get the constrain ke working correctly with transform and also need to change a new preferences fron its default setting  to get the origin point and the controls in the transform tool option bar working. But I use window not a mac.

I am able to enable the start workspace and disabe it again.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I normally don't like asking customers to delete Preferences but have you tried that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get the "home" screen after doing the "disable the home screen" but each time I close or open an image I get the "pickup where you left off" screen that is severely annoying!!!!!!!!! I don't want to see that each time I open and  close an image!!! How do I turn this off? arrrgh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The may be one of the other tings you can turn off in you prefences leim enhanced tool tips ot something like that may be rich help I foget.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the annoying screen I'm talking about, I wasn't sure what it was called. I wonder why Adobe would think that is a feature someone would want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I think I may have removed it by unchecking "use legacy new document interface" and quitting photoshop and relaunching. (in general settings) (leave the "disable the home screen" checked.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you found it! In my case, however, I actually checked "use legacy new document" then restarted PS. Annoying screen is gone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, legacy should be the old way of doing it but for some reason on my Mac it's the other way around. very weird. I'm going to blame it on not upgrading my system software to the 10.12.6 or later like it's asking for.   haha..  not sure, but somehow it's working for me the wrong way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon, it's back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uncheck it and relaunch photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope that didn't work either. Funny thing, I open up a couple new files then close them with no annoying screen. I think the problem is solved then I open and close another file and that screen is back again. WTH is going on?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you opening from double clicking in the finder? my annoying screen is gone. hope it doesn't come back. I'm on a Mac. running system 10.12.5.

do a full restart too. just in case

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened files both by double clicking a file in a folder and also by opening a file from Bridge. I've tried it so many different ways I honestly lost track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

preferences.png

heres what works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, That's what I currently have in my preferences.

Most recent procedure; quit PS rebooted Mac (10.13.6) opened file in PS closed it, the screen returned. Closed screen opened several files by double clicking and via Bridge, made quick random adjustments, closed files, screen didn't return. Sounds good but until I go a full day without the screen of woe returning I won't be satisfied.

10 minutes later, it's back again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, mine randomly pops up too every now and then. must be a software bug. no matter which way the legacy box is checked the screen pops up occasionally. It's not every image, but it does show up randomly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps19d.png

Mine is not active. How can I activate it?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem with me on Mac. Tried different combinations and all in vain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can this be updated that this issue has NOT been answered? This is definitely a software bug, as I have tried every combination of things and the screen still randomly returns after closing documents.

Mac Pro

High Sierra 10.13.4

PS ver. 20.0.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't answered. All suggestions here either do not work at all or work for a couple of times opening Photoshop and then goes back to not working.. So this is still a problem and as most including myself have determined it is a software bug and need to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Photoshop Update loaded this morning. Problem fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was still having issues after numerous attempts to figure this out. My photoshop didn't even have the box to check or uncheck. After I restarted my entire computer, the box appeared and I was able to check the box "disable home screen". ALWAYS RESTART YOUR COMPUTER AFTER A FRESH UPDATE! your headaches will disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines