3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2008 9:55 AM by aegerstaffer

Let's talk upgrades from 2.0 to 3.0

cxf02 Level 1
      I purchased 2.0 in May 2007 at $500. The same product now sells for $250. Ted has a pricing structure on his Blog ( http://www.onflex.org/ted/2007/10/flex-3-beta-2-lower-price-flex-builder.php) that I cannot find within Adobe sales. I have spent 3 hours on the phone trying to find someone who can upgrade me for the pricing that is on Ted's blog. I know that he is not in charge of pricing, but I should be able to upgrade for around $300 ($200 price differential plus $100 maintenance) vs. $450 for 2.0 charting. Adobe referred me to Figleaf and a guy named Mansuer promised a $75 upgrade from them, which hasn't happened, and I’m not holding my breath. But I don't care about something for nothing, because if there is a universal truth in the S/W business, you get what you pay for. However, I'm not going to be left behind either.

So how about one of you top dogs working this forum get with the marketing VP, who ought to get with the sales VP, and get the Adobe distribution chain on-board with your marketing evangelists. Customers who supported the development of FLEX by BUYING the product for early adopter prices should not be left out of the upgrade path!

The GOLD release is almost here and someone ought to fix this before it hits. My next step is to call the VP of Sales and work down from there (yeah you Adobe guys, I can see you smirking…:>) and maybe something can be done. Don’t make me do it, because then I will be upset! Thanks, and in spite of my tone, I know how it is with this stuff. I worked with Christophe briefly at Sybase in my past life (he certified me for teaching Java 1.1) and we always had to deal with the different camps not communicating, or features getting cut after they were marketed to user groups.

You folks are great, keep up the great job in supporting the community…

Curtis Fisher