• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acer Switch 3 - will it run Adobe psd and InDesign?

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I´m going to buy this month a new laptop, I think it´s going to be this one.

Now my question: Will it run Photoshop CC and InDesign? Basically, I am not going to

use the programs in a very "hardcore-style", just some basic picture editing and maybe some

flyer designing. Not the biggest work.

I´m thankful for every answer!

BW

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need more than 4 GB RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if it helps I run photoshop and indesign in a surface pro with i5-7300U and 8GB ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would not recommend it at all because it has an Intel Atom-derived quad-core CPU that's significantly weaker than even a low-end modern Intel Core-based dual-core mobile CPU. In fact, that Pentium N4200 CPU is as weak as or weaker than even a 10-year-old Intel Core 2 Duo CPU! That is one of the primary reasons why Intel recently renamed the Atom-derived Pentium N- and J-series CPUs to Pentium Silver while it renamed the Core-based Pentium G-series CPUs to Pentium Gold.

And its 4GB of RAM cannot be expanded at all - another strike against it.

To be fair, such a laptop is not designed for content creation or editing at all. Only for basic Web surfing use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines