• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP2019 Requires Updated Graphics Drivers?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

After updating to Premiere Pro 2019 yesterday, I now see that it is required to have updated graphics drivers in order to use GPU acceleration. I am currently on a driver for my GTX 1070 from November 2017. I cannot update it, as any driver I update it to causes terrible bugs and glitches in the games I play on this PC.

Is there a work-around? Some way of using GPU acceleration in this update without having to update my graphics drivers? Let me know, thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but this CONSTANT obsolescence of 'old' (read: over 6 months) technology is getting, well.......very old.

I spent $5,000 on my PC just a couple of years ago, and then Adobe puts out updates that makes my system essentially useless unless I jump through a thousand hoops and a ridiculous amount of time every few months.

Whoever comes up with a way to stop us end users from stressing out and spending countless hours on forced-obsolescence updates will be a multi-billion

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not be playing, or even installing, games on an edit system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Open CL or Metal working for you? Is it only CUDA which is not working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answer - Ok, I haven’t try Open CL or metal. I think I’m running with CUDA.

Where can I change.

Best / ML

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is why all videos are choppy and "media pending" I REALLY need to upload some videos, but I don't know what to do,

i got a message that said

"Adobe Premiere Pro requires updated video card drivers for GPU accelerated rendering. Please download and install current drivers for your video card."

help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To miguelf80507486:

When you get this dialog, you must go to the support website for the manufacturer of the Graphics card or chipset in your computer. What kind of GPU do you have? We support graphics drivers from AMD, Intel, and Nvidia, and each has the current drivers you would need to activate GPU acceleration for Premiere.

In the vast majority of cases, the right driver will resolve choppy playback and offline media. If you cannot find the right driver, let us know. It would help if you can identify the GPU on your system. Thanks.

- Andy, Premiere Pro Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Andy,

I have also just upgraded to Premier 2019 and I have the following issues...

1) I get the same message "Adobe Premier requires updated video card drivers for GPU accelerated rendering..."

2) I lose my program window in Premier (it goes to black) yet I still have my SDI out program working running through my BM card. There are no driver updates available for my card. The moment I revert back to CC 2018 the program window comes back

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 10.33.37.png

Cheers

Dirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi b00k3nds,

Premiere Pro CC 2019 uses CUDA 9.2 which may not be supported in the NVIDIA driver from November 2017. The driver from November 2017 ( Version 388.43 - the last November 2017 driver release ) supports CUDA 9.0, so you may need to update the driver for this to work. The NVIDIA drivers starting from version 397.93 and higher do support CUDA 9.2.

If the latest version of NVIDIA driver for GTX 1070 (version 416.34) is not working, then you may try doing a clean installation of NVIDIA driver and check if it helps in solving glitches in other applications.

Clean installation of Nvidia drivers - Ubisoft Support

If the Clean installation is not working, then you may try using the older versions of NVIDIA driver which support CUDA  9.2 ( driver version 397.93 and higher ) and check if that helps.

You may find the older version of drivers supporting CUDA 9.2 here

Advanced Driver Search | NVIDIA

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Sumeet Kumar Choubey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already stated that other graphics drivers do not work on my system. What was the need to switch to new CUDA technology that made GPUs using older drivers now useless?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new technology in our CC2019 version requires software only available with the Cuda 9.2 version drivers. For this to work, the newer drivers are required. The previous post by Sumeet Kumar Choubey explains the details, but the essential point is that expanded function requires newer drivers. Hope this helps. Thanks.

- Andy, Premiere Pro Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It explains it, but unfortunately it rules me out of being able to use the new features. How can I go back to the version of Pr right before this update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point the best solution is to hope that the games get patched to work properly for newer drivers to show up on the online updates for the games in question. Until then, roll back to CC 2018.1.2.

One caveat: Your games might have dated from the Fermi GPU generation of 2010, and may have gone EOL in update support (meaning no more updates since you last patched them). In this case, then, you're out of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s not an issue with any particular games. Rather it’s an issue with a 144hz + 60hz monitor combination that causes a lot of bugs and glitches, and only drivers before a certain date of last year keep the bugs away. At any rate, I’ll use 2018.1.2 until it’s possible to use my old drivers on new Premiere again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At any rate, I’ll use 2018.1.2 until it’s possible to use my old drivers on new Premiere again.

Premiere Pro CC 2019 will never use older drivers than 411.63. Don´t get me wrong here, but have you actually tested the latest 416.34 drivers before ditching them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, every time there is a new GeForce Driver, I am notified and I go and download and install it. When I realize the bugs are still there, I go back to my version from November 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O.k, got it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but this CONSTANT obsolescence of 'old' (read: over 6 months) technology is getting, well.......very old.

I spent $5,000 on my PC just a couple of years ago, and then Adobe puts out updates that makes my system essentially useless unless I jump through a thousand hoops and a ridiculous amount of time every few months.

Whoever comes up with a way to stop us end users from stressing out and spending countless hours on forced-obsolescence updates will be a multi-billionaire.

On a side note, years ago I had the best HP printer I've ever owned. Perfect quality, construction, paper feed, toner affordability.....you name it: GREAT PRINTER. Then Microsoft stopped supporting the driver. Result? Fancy paperweight. Unreal.

<end rant>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said. Quite accurate, and sums up my situation perfectly. I've been using Adobe 2018.1.2 in the meantime. Gets the job done. At least it's not mandatory to update Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines