• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

So basic hotkeys like "Cut" and "Deselect all" don't work anymore...

Enthusiast ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to 20.0.0 and loaded up an image to test the new scaling defaults, and found that Command-X doesn't do anything, and neither does Command-D.

WTH?

UPDATE: This appears to be a bug that afflicted the app temporarily; I don't know if switching focus to another app jostled it out of its funk or what.

UPDATE 2: There's definitely something up with the application's state. Just now, Quit and a large number of other menu items were disabled, and nothing was going on in the app (no operation in progress or something waiting for confirmation).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have problem on my windows 10 version 1809 and CC 2019 version 20 on my machine with those Photoshop shortcuts.  In the past I thin Focus has been taken from Photoshop and Shortcuts do work at time. This could till be a problem.  Menu items are grayed out by Photoshop when the current  document state does not meet the requirements for their use.

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers I

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies.

This is on Mac OS 10.14

There was nothing going on in the application that would have left the document in a pending state. I opened a bitmap (photo) and it was sitting there. I could draw a selection rectangle, but Command-X didn't copy and Command-D didn't deselect. I imagine there were lots of other hotkeys that didn't work.

Later, after I made the original post, I went back and these functions magically worked. But a short time later, Quit was disabled as were lots of other menu items; again, I hadn't done anything to invoke a pending state in the document. Photoshop was probably in the same state I experienced the first time.

You mentioned having the program become unresponsive, and I thought I'd document these issues in case they're related.

There's no further information at this point. There was no identifiable impetus for the failure or the recovery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear if you tried the reset or not. Did it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, because this problem has come and gone twice with no discernible pattern. If it ​stays ​broken, I will consider it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you mention the Command key, I instantly know it's a Mac and Cmd D works as advertised on 10.13.6 and the newly released 10.14 (Mojave) on the 20.0 Photoshop.

Right now you can try a Preferences Reset. But do come back with more information if that doesn't work.

Reset Prefs CC 2015.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines