• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Manual Organization Within An Album

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be pleased if someone can tell me how I can re-order photos within an album, which is a no-brainer in most other programs, Aperture for example that I am about to abandon.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Although you seem to have a worfkow already, Custom Sort should work in the iPad.

Select the three dots, choose Sort by Custom, tap the Edit Button, then hold down photo and move about.

Also did the Lr Web link work for you in the previous post?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rama43736375,

Custom sort is not available in Lightroom CC yet. We are tracking this important feature request on our feedback community here Lightroom CC: Ability to sort by custom user order | Photoshop Family Customer Community 

I'd recommend that you also add your vote and share your feedback so our engineering team can look into it.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the best place to do this is at Photo Editor | Online Photoshop Lightroom  or on a Mobile Device (iOS at least).

Selecting Custom Order in CC Desktop should then reflect this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, selondon, for the idea. Personally, I would rather sort my album photos in (Mac) Finder (by first viewing them in large icon mode and creatively changing file names with a space and numerical suffix) and put therm wherever I want in the album. I can bring them into Lr with this structure and can still retain their original sequence by viewing them in "Capture Date" sequence.

I have not had any success in moving photos within an album on my iPad. This functionality may exist on my iPhone, but with almost 1000 photos to sort within six albums, performing this exercise on iPhone is prohibitive.

The project I am currently working on is making a video in iMovie. I can certainly sort the photos in iMovie quite easily but the iMovie screen isn't the friendliest place for moving around photos within a population sometimes exceeding 200 photos at a time.

But all this work-around misses the point of my earlier complaint: Adobe seems to be catering to a mass market of point-and-click customers, evident by its recent Lr update (2.0) that entirely failed to address this critical need by more serious photographers wanting to sort photos within albums. It seems almost callous, if not idiotic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although you seem to have a worfkow already, Custom Sort should work in the iPad.

Select the three dots, choose Sort by Custom, tap the Edit Button, then hold down photo and move about.

Also did the Lr Web link work for you in the previous post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Selondon, iPad works as you advised! Thank you very much.

I will acknowledge that this is the "Correct Answer" for the benefit of other users referring to this blog. But for Adobe listening, this is NOT the correct answer. It's a workaround outside of desktop Lr that has practical and productivity limitations. I will continue to do my sorting in iMovie where I am currently using my Lr photos. This also could technically be considered a viable workaround and also a "correct answer"! The correct answer is for Adobe to commit to fixing this deficiency in desktop Lr.

I looked up the reference you gave me previously but didn't find it useful for my purpose, e.g. to achieve Smarter organization", I searched "goat" in my photos and got a range of animals, but more importantly the search missed all the sheep in flocks. 

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines