Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Errors

Jan 22, 2008 Jan 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working with this for probably six months, and never had this problem before. Probably the fact that I've got a deadline has tripped a stress circuit somewhere in my computer, but all of a sudden, my presentations are publishing only partway.

At random, anywhere between slides 1 and the end, all remaining slides are published blank. No background, no text. Anyone have any thoughts why this is happening, and how I can fix it?

Edit to add: I am publishing in HTML. I've been doing so to the network drive, but tried publishing it to the local drive and got the same result. It doesn't happen all the time, only mostly.

Thanks.
TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rodifer

Nothing like the critical need sensor going off!

Here is what I might suggest trying:

* Try changing the path to the publish location
* Clear temporary files
* Restart the PC

See if anything there helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ahh, the joys of trying to solve problems quickly, rather than methodically.

The problem, as nearly as I can trouble-shoot it now seems to be not that the slides aren't publishing, but more likely that the entire presentation doesn't load all at once. I was going nuts because that occurred on one presentation when my boss reviewed the whole set, but then each one I subsequently published, if I fast-forwarded toward the end of it, somewhere along the way, I'd get the blank slides. I believe I was moving ahead of what had loaded. I suspect then that the machine froze or something when my boss looked at the one presentation (figures, doesn't it?), thereby causing me to look for it to happen again as expediently as possible, which caused me to find it.

Once I backed away from the blank area, if I re-approached it slide by slide as was intended, the mysterious disappearing slides reappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources