7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2018 2:36 PM by Alistair Sim

LR Classic CC V8 Book Module problems

red735i Level 1

SInce upgrading to V8, I can not save a book with the images "on" the pages.  The images available are all there, but trying to save the book with the images on the pages results in complete failure....  I have to start over again to place the images on the pages.  I have tried this repeatedly with the same results....

Second problem.... When going from Book to develop ( to tweak an image) then returning to Book, I do not return to the same inage/page.  The Book module goes to some random place.....

Anyone have a work around?

• 1. Re: LR Classic CC V8 Book Module problems
          WobertC Adobe Community Professional

Problems for you AND me!

red735i  wrote

1. SInce upgrading to V8, I can not save a book with the images "on" the pages.  The images available are all there, but trying to save the book with the images on the pages results in complete failure....  I have to start over again to place the images on the pages.  I have tried this repeatedly with the same results....

2. Second problem.... When going from Book to develop ( to tweak an image) then returning to Book, I do not return to the same inage/page.  The Book module goes to some random place.....

Anyone have a work around?

1. So what is your workflow to 'save a book'? (more details of your steps please)  And when you are re-opening the Saved Book are you Double-clicking on the Saved Book Collection in the Collections panel? (or clicking on a Standard Collection?)

2. Are you in Single Page View or Multipage View when you select one image and go to Develop?

Single Page View always returns me to the single page.

And I also have major problems in the Book module- When I reopen a Saved Book Collection many of the photos will not re-populate the pages. Most of my large finished books look trashed!

ScreenShot373.jpg

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: LR Classic CC V8 Book Module problems
            frankp78771274

I am experience exactly the same problem in the book module.

Frank Pettersen

• 3. Re: LR Classic CC V8 Book Module problems
              andrewg76474123 Level 1

I have similar problems with the book module. Photo album is not updating once I reached 220 pages despite paper type allows for max. 240 pages for a Blurb book. Deleting pages does not help as once I exit LR, all changes are lost. If I load a LR catalog that includes a book with less than 220 pages, it saves modifications but once it reaches 220 pages, all additional any additional modifications are not saved.

Andrew

• 4. Re: LR Classic CC V8 Book Module problems
                Alistair Sim

I have experienced the same problem. I add photos to a page and then when I close or move to another module and come back to my book, the photo is gone and but the 'used' counter on the photo is incremented - I have done this 5 times, same result and the photo now says it is placed 5 times !

I am on page 19 of a 200 page book. I tried deleting pages 20 to 200. Same issue. As soon as I move to another module and come back... the pages have reappeared !

This is rather annoying.

Hope this can be rectified quickly !

• 5. Re: LR Classic CC V8 Book Module problems
                  red735i Level 1

Just got finished with Adobe Support.

Apparently, there is some preferences file that is corrupt, at least on my machine.  Not the one from the Edit panel.  Something else.

The fix, in MY case:
                  I downgraded to V7.5.

Upgraded to V8.  The act of installing apparently re-writes the specific preferences file that was corrupt.

Everything works fine now.....

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: LR Classic CC V8 Book Module problems
                    andrewg76474123 Level 1

In my case, I had done that but it did not solve the issue. It seems that once the LR book module fails to update, it will become impossible to edit the photo book. It is as if the book within the respective LR catalog is locked for any further editing irrespective of the LR version I use.

• 7. Re: LR Classic CC V8 Book Module problems
                      Alistair Sim Level 1

Hi Red735i,

Many thanks for that. It worked when I downgraded to v7.5 but then stopped working when I went back up to v8. Did you remove or keep your preferences when you uninstalled v8? I kept mine and I am wondering if that is the difference.

It is interesting in that pages and photos I added when I rolled back to 7.5 are retained when I went back up to v8 and also the modifications to photo placeholders I had previously made under v8 (new feature), were retained when I rolled back to v7.5.