Which type of Typekit account do you have? The free account with Captivate allows only one domain, which looks like 'localhost' in your ase.
You should also include the dot. For example, if you are uploading it to reviewmyelearning.com, you should enter it as *.reviewmyelearning.com instead of *reviewmyelearning.com. Lieve is correct though. If you have a full Creative Cloud account you would be fine but if you are using the free account you are limited in the number of domains you can send this project to and have your Typekit account work.
One suggestion might be to only include the domain that you are using for review purposes right now. Later when you are ready to produce a final publish, change the domain to the final location of your eLearning when you are ready to publish for your final audience.
I've looked in to this further and I actually do have full access to Adobe Fonts as park of my Creative Cloud 'enterprise' subscription. My mistake.
Regardless, I culled all domains to just *.reviewmyelearning.com - and the font still seems to appear as Times New Roman when I upload it.
I can't seem to find anyone who's experienced similar issues which makes it really strange.
Are there any other steps that I'm missing in the process? I synced the fonts, they're all active, they work fine in captivate, I publish and type in the domain.
Is there another step to it that I've missed?
If you have any thoughts please let me know
For some reason I thought I had a free account, but turns out that typekit comes as part of my enterprise account - it doesn't look like it has any limits either.
I culled all domains to just *.reviewmyelearning.com - and the font still seems to appear as Times New Roman when I upload it.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated
James Kingsley is the owner of Review My eLearning and a friend. He suggested that you should submit a trouble ticket to his company so they can look at that for you.
1 person found this helpful
FYI - Just tried to upload a sample project with a Typekit font and it worked fine for me. I ran the course from my iPad which definitely doesn't have the font in question but it showed up fine. I used *.reviewmyelearning.com as my domain by the way.
Thanks Paul, I really appreciate your help.
How strange. I published my eLearning course just then with the below settings (same as your own?) and uploaded to reviewmyelearning and it still keeps on showing a project with times new roman.
I've just tried it in my LMS in the same result (Times New Roman takes over). So it seems it might not be the sites I upload to, rather the program itself or the way I've configured it.
The only thing I can think of is that I'm somehow missing something when I publish.
It may not be related but it's considered best practice to publish to a local drive instead of to a network drive. This is often the cause of file corruption both in your project file and the resulting published ZIP file. I usually publish to my desktop folder.
Gave this a shot (exporting to desktop) and it didn't seem to make a different unfortunately.
I haven't seen anyone that's had this issue before, which makes it really strange.
The Typekit fonts obviously work on my computer, because I can see then on my Typekit website. I must just be doing something strange on my end that's somehow having an impact.
If anyone has any additional expertise or ideas to add to the conversation your input would be much appreciated!
After contacting Adobe their only suggestion was to update Captivate. I work for government, so updating software is a far lengthier process for me and unlikely to happen anytime soon.
I'm currently Adobe 2017. Does anyone with Adobe 2017 have this issue - I'm on 10.0.0.193?
It seems strange that I need to update Captivate to utilise typekit.
Please try installing patch to 10.0.1.285. I never had Tk problems in your
version as you can see on my blog examples.
There's not really anything strange about having to install an update for a software app to resolve an issue. This happens with all software applications.
You're not currently on the latest build that was available for Captivate 2017. The Adobe support person would be trained to tell you to update because there's very little point wasting a lot of time trying to resolve an issue that might ONLY be able to be resolved by installing an update.
I understand the fact that updating systems for some organisations is not a quick and easy process. But there's actually no cost involved in this case to just install the update because it's only a MINOR dot-point update, not a MAJOR new release
All you'd really need is for some IT person with administrator privileges to log into your PC and install the update from the Help > Updates menu. If your organisation is not willing to even allow that level of support, then you may indeed be stuck.
I ended up having IT update Adobe Captivate to the 2018 version on a test computer with the same result on export - Adobe Typekit fonts drop off and don't appear in the published package on either scorm cloud, reviewmyelearning or our lms.
We also tried disabling our anti-virus software and running everything as administrator, with no change.
If there are any other thoughts or ideas feel free to throw them my way, I'd love to hear them.