• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge CC 2019 will not load - Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After applying the latest update from creative cloud and installing cc 2019 versions.  Bridge CC 2019 will not load. Appears briefly and then disappears.  Anyone else had this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggest you un-install Bridge and reboot and then download a new version.

I did not have a issue with the update, but with windows 10 everyone's  mileage varies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion but having uninstalled Bridge 2018 and 2019, restarted and then installed Bridge 2019 same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

R-click on Bridge icon and under properties select "run as

administrator" and see if that helps.

Otherwise you may want to run the Adobe cleaner tool and delete anything

Bridge related.

If its not a permissions issue , its a .dll conflict.

thank you Microsoft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run as administrator produced same result.

I followed instructions for the cleanup tool. ie uninstalled Bridge, restarted and downloaded and ran cleanup tool.

The having selected creative cloud the next list to select from did not contain Bridge (why would it? it has been uninstalled). The other products including camera raw were present.

I could clearly uninstall the whole of creative cloud and then reapply them but will it make a difference.  What would be the result of running the cleanup against all cloud products or just bridge without uninstalling them.

I am assuming that there is an old version of some dll that is registered and that is not compatible with Bridge 2019?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to reboot your machine for ACC to detect if Bridge was

there or not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry "reboot for ACC"?  is this different to a normal restart?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just reboot your computer and start ACC again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes no difference Bridge does not appear - this does

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK

Then after you reboot your machine, open Adobe Creative cloud app and you should see Bridge needs to be installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly what I see, but after it is installed it does exactly the same thing ie opens and immediately closes.

This is not really what you expect from a new release especially from a company with such a widespread user base.  I know that installing into windows can have issues with dll conflicts but …...

Thank for your help and suggestions but so far I still have the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ralph

I have the latest version of Bridge installed on 2 windows 10 machines

and it runs fine.

Does not help your situation.

Whats happening is specific to your machine.

BTW what version windows 10 are you running.

I know that Bridge requires a certain windows build to run.

*/Bridge CC 2019 is not supported on Windows 10 v1511 and v1607./

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running W10 v1803.  I had a previous problem with Bridge 2018 that was never resolved where if I used the space bar to try to view full screen Bridge crashed.  It is probably linked to a similar driver or dll problem.  Finding out which one is the 1000 dollar question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RalphS,

Sorry to here that you run under this issue. Please try this workaround and let us know if your issue got resolved.

1. install Bridge 9.0.0.204 (latest Bridge from Creative Cloud Desktop application).

2. Try to launch the Bridge by clicking on the Bridge Icon.

If the Bridge appears and disappear again

3. Now press control button and click on the Bridge Icon (ctrl+click)

4. You will get a reset setting pop up.

5. Select all the check boxes and click Ok.

This will reset the Bridge settings.

Thanks,

Avinash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info but I'm afraid resetting everything made no difference (I checked I had version 204) just appears and then disappears immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated in my email to you the issue seems resolved by updating the graphics driver.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue on Win where Bridge CC 2019 won't load due to a 'problem' with graphics. I have the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti on my machine. Program just hangs at startup. CC 2018 was fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you have or had the same issue as me with my machine. I changed the default graphics processor that Bridge uses to in basic built-in Intel processor (my default was set to my nVidia processor) and it seems to have solved the problem. Please see my reply to RalphS below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks, I don't have the same options on my machine, so my Bridge crashes on launch but only once every session. Every sequential opening of the program works after the initial crash. I'm not sure if this has been adressed in updates, the problem seems to occur a little less often now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using a laptop with dual GPU drivers?

If not, can you generate a crash log for us?

go to administrative tools/event viewer/windows logs/application   and see if a crash log exist for PS

If it does; select the crash report and go to the r and select "copy details as text"

post the report here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had what sounds like the exact same problem. Bridge was running fine until I did the CC 2019 upgrade and then would start and then disappear. I tried ALL of the suggestions above to no avail, including completely uninstalling all the Adobe apps, running the Adobe Cleaner, updating the graphics drivers and even installing older versions of Bridge.

By chance I right clicked on the Bridge Icon as suggested above by Avinash and saw there was an option to change the graphics processor Bridge uses. Mine was set to use the nVidia processor installed on my machine (Dell XPS 2015 laptop, 64 bit, Win10), so I changed it back to the onboard integrated processor. Bridge is now working again. FWIW my nVidia drivers are all up to date.

BridgeGraphicsScreen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines