Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC won't open, problem with access rights

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Home 1809, Lightroom CC 2.0.1

Since the last two updates I haven't been able to open Lightroom CC. After I installed the new updates I got a crash report, which I then sent to Adobe and that was it, no error message, nothing. I have the latest updates installed, tried logging out and back in, and reinstalled Lightroom CC several times. Customer support told me to rename the Preferences folder in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom CC and restart Lightroom but it didn't help. Then they suggested creating a new user on my computer to test if it had anything to do with access rights and much to my surprise I could open Lightroom with the new user. They then told me I had to use the new user on my Pc or repair the access rights but couldn't tell me anything more specific.

I don't really want to swich to the other user every time I need Lightroom CC but I don't have any idea how I could solve the issue with the acces rights. Any help would be much appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

This could be specific to your machine and we may need to investigate it further. Would you mind contacting our voice support, so that one of our engineers can work with you one on one and check this out? Here's the link with contact details: Contact Customer Care

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thomass81240057

Sorry that you cannot open Lightroom CC 2.0.1 since the recent update.

As you've mentioned that a lot of troubleshooting has already been done and you can open Lightroom on a new user account.

To troubleshoot the issue on your native user account, please check out the steps mentioned in this article Solutions to Adobe Lightroom Lightroom user permission issues on launch  and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand it, these solutions only work on Mac OS. So they don't really help me as I use Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer a more generalized article Troubleshoot unexpected behavior in specific user account and let us know if that helps.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it on both users on my PC but it didn't help either. The only user with which i can access Lightroom is the test user I created after the support told me to. And I just really don't want to use this test account or transfer all my data to this account or reinstall the OS just because of Lightroom.

Would it behelpful if I got a copy of the recent crash report?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This could be specific to your machine and we may need to investigate it further. Would you mind contacting our voice support, so that one of our engineers can work with you one on one and check this out? Here's the link with contact details: Contact Customer Care

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines