• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CC 2019 Crashes on Import

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Adobe Premiere CC 2019 yesterday and the crash on Import problem from 2018 started again.  It's totally random.

This time I have video of the process, so we can skip the entire "What type of File" argument people tend to latch on to. As you can plainly see, the software crashes BEFORE I get a chance to choose the file I want to import.

This is getting absolutely ridiculous. Premiere isn't generating a crash log, so I can't post anything here. There isn't anything relevant listed in the Windows event viewer. I have nothing to go on here.

My specs...

Win 10 Enterprise 10.0.17134 Build 17134

Dell Precision 7510

Intel Xeon E3-1505M V5 @ 2.80 GHz

32GB of Ram

All drivers, video and otherwise, are fully updated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

GGreathouse,

Sorry, these forums posts are not support tickets, and are chiefly user to user based, so a response from "Adobe" is not guaranteed. You actually have to contact us to get help from us. Here is the link: Contact Customer Care

Sounds like you are in contact with Wes, so please continue to provide him the info he needs to help you solve this issue for good.

Edit: I understand you solved your issue by:

1. Rolling back GPU drivers
  2. Rolling back to an earlier version of Premiere Pro.
    1. Just export F

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this CONSTANTLY.  On a very high-spec'ed system, with no problems in any other application.  It's a bug that Adobe has not even bothered investigating for quite a while by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this with 2018. The only feedback I hear from Adobe are folk that don't read the entire post asking me the type of file I'm trying to import. When I point out the problem isn't with file types, I'm met with silence.

So I guess we're asking Adobe again, can you please help us with this? Can you at least confirm that you've read, watched and understand my post and are looking into the issue? This bug is costing people real world money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it too. Poor guy from support was remote connected to my computer for over an hour and still couldn't fix it. He did a complete wipe of Adobe stuff and complete reinstall with 12.1.2 and still couldn't get it to work. I'm about to contact them again since he left my case open.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still nothing from Adobe, huh? Almost a week and not even a single acknowledgment from Adobe that anybody is taking this issue seriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I am having all sorts of problems.  I guess I have to redo an edit on 2018 since my 2019 editing files are not backward compatible with 2018.  So frustrating...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GGreathouse,

Sorry, these forums posts are not support tickets, and are chiefly user to user based, so a response from "Adobe" is not guaranteed. You actually have to contact us to get help from us. Here is the link: Contact Customer Care

Sounds like you are in contact with Wes, so please continue to provide him the info he needs to help you solve this issue for good.

Edit: I understand you solved your issue by:

1. Rolling back GPU drivers
  2. Rolling back to an earlier version of Premiere Pro.
    1. Just export FCP XML from the later version.
    2. Import FCP XML to the earlier version.

Hope it helps others.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this same issue too also on a high end system with lots of ram and 1070 gpu. Trying to import 160mb h264

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue today. I found in old blog posts that this has been a common issue each time a new version is released, with the new software bugging out when dealing with project files created by earlier versions of the software.

I fixed the problem by creating a new project file (made by Premiere CC 2019) and then importing the old project file (made by Premiere CC 2018). No issues since then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just got the same error, and tried your suggestion which worked, thank you! This issue sounds like complete trash coding on Adobes part...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been months and this is still happening. Is anybody from Adobe listening? I lost an entire afternoon to this issue yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Premiere Pro are you using? (Help menu > About Adobe Premiere Pro...)

There was an Importing issue fixed a couple weeks ago with the release of Premiere Pro 13.0.1:

Bugs fixed in versions 13.0.1 and 13.0 releases of Premiere Pro

You can use Help > Updates... to get the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 13.0.1 Build 13.

It was happening to me all afternoon yesterday. I myself have tried the following.

Disabling as many graphical enhancements that Windows allows me to.

Disabling the Quadro card and forcing Premiere to use the Intel video card.

Updating all drivers, including video drivers.

Logging out and logging back in.

Dumping my Adobe cache.

Uninstalling and reinstalling everything with the Adobe removal tool.

apversion.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the difficulty you're having. Does your computer meet all of Adobe's latest system requirements for Premiere Pro?

Adobe Premiere Pro CC System Requirements

If so, could you please submit your experience and feedback here? That is what's recommended to be the most effective action in such situations:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as you can see from my first post my system specs meet or exceed the requirements.

I've now submitted the bug to the report form.

Any other advice? I've been in "Wait and See" mode since July, and it's now mid November...

Re: Premiere CC 2018 keep crashing when import files!

At this point the only reason I'm still using Premiere is that my company doesn't have the budget to set me up with a new Mac and a copy of Final Cut. Moving forward I'll remember the past five months and take that into consideration when budgets are renewed and technology is upgraded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem where Premiere Pro CC crashed soon after startup.  I DISABLED the embedded Intel UHD Graphics 630 GPU.  Then Premiere Pro CC started to work.  The NEW computer (two weeks) had driver version 22.20.16.4758.  Once I manually updated it to version 25.20.100.6373, the crashes stopped.  However, there is an Intel process that continually back dates the driver.  I will be reporting this to Dell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated to 13.0.1, GGreathouseKV? Still facing this issue? Have you contacted us? Contact Customer Care Let us know what's going on.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've updated.

Thankfully, Wes Howell is now working with me directly to help diagnose the problem.

I do have a small update that I will also message him directly about. This problem happens on my laptop when I have it setup with multiple monitors and, just discovered yesterday, when I'm using it by itself with no other monitors attached. That means exporting video via HDMI, display port or vga isn't the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into this problem intermittently on Premiere Pro 2018 and 2019. I'd try to drag a group of MP4 files into Premiere and it would immediately hang saying that it was not responding. After clearing caches, temporary files, etc. and finding that this was a complete waste of time, I thought maybe it was caused by trying to import multiple files at the same time.

So I tried importing one MP4 file and it worked! Then I tried another. Worked! That I tried a third and Premiere crashed. The first two came from my Sony A7s. The third one came from my Samsung S8 cell phone.

So then I thought that maybe it was the MP4 files from Samsung S8 but I had use them lots of times before and they had always worked. Finally after much experimentation, I discovered that it was one single MP4 file from the Samsung S8 that was causing Premiere to hang. It just couldn't import that particular file. The file played okay using Bridge, Lightroom, Windows 10 Movies & TV and ACDSee Pro. So clearly, the file itself wasn't broken. Then I thought well maybe I could import it into Rush and then export it to use in Premiere. Nope. Rush crashed trying to import it as well. It appears to be some kind of obscure bug in Adobe's import routine that's shared across Premiere and Rush. And it only occurs with some MP4 files.

Bottom line – I ended up importing the file into an old version of PowerDirector and then exporting it as a standard MP4 file. Once PowerDirector had had a chance to work on it, Premiere Pro was able to import it with no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy Ruiz vs Anthony Joshua 2. Clash On The Dunes. December 07 2019. Diriyah, Saudi Arabia. How to Watch.
Weight division: Heavyweight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had the same issue for quite awhile now. It works fine with a new project but once I've been working on it for a bit and want to import something new it locks up. Every time.

A workaround that I use is to drag the files you want right into the project bin. This always works but seems like a janky way to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines