2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2007 11:54 AM by wadsworth64

import to stage/library problem

rtwillem
      When I want to import an image to stage or library into a new fla, Flash quits without any warning. This happens a couple of seconds after selecting the Import to Stage or Import to Library menuoption (Flash shows the import dialog for a second or so).
      I've been searcing the forums and have seen some messages concerning something like this, but they do no give the exact same behavior. I deinstalled and reinstalled Flash already, but this didn't change the behavior.
      I've used the import-function succesfully in the last couple of days, but today I tried it with a PNG (PSD saved as PNG from Photoshop) and somehow that was the moment trouble started.
      I'm using Flash 8.0 Professional.

Help greatly appreciated.
      rob willemsen
        • 1. Re: import to stage/library problem
          rtwillem Level 1
          got the problem solved: when starting the import option, the directory flash started to look in contained the PNG i originally wanted to import, and if i remove this PNG from that dir, everything works just fine

regard and hth,
          rob willemsen
          • 2. Re: import to stage/library problem
            wadsworth64
            quote:

Originally posted by: rtwillem
            When I want to import an image to stage or library into a new fla, Flash quits without any warning. This happens a couple of seconds after selecting the Import to Stage or Import to Library menuoption (Flash shows the import dialog for a second or so).
            I've been searcing the forums and have seen some messages concerning something like this, but they do no give the exact same behavior. I deinstalled and reinstalled Flash already, but this didn't change the behavior.
            I've used the import-function succesfully in the last couple of days, but today I tried it with a PNG (PSD saved as PNG from Photoshop) and somehow that was the moment trouble started.
            I'm using Flash 8.0 Professional.

Help greatly appreciated.
            rob willemsen

I am experiencing the same issue, however I don't even have the option to choose a directory. I select "Import to Stage", Import to Library" and the application closes on me. Any suggestions? Thank you, Carol