• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI cc 2019 - indic option not selectable

Contributor ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just installed AI CC 2019. In Preferences -> Type, the checkbox for 'Show Indic Options' is un-selectable. I can check and uncheck the 'Show East Asian Options' but not the Indic one.

System is Win 10 latest update - earlier this week.

Any suggestions / ideas?

Thanks and Cheers...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump....

Apologies for the 'Bump'... hate to do this but hoping it'll raise my problem above the radar and attract an answer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem...

New installation and Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem in MacOS 10.14.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I 'solved' this (mac) by

- uninstall InDesign through the supplied uninstaller, but keep preferences and settings.

- open the Creative Cloud app 'preferences'

- go to 'Apps' tab

- in Language select (in my case 'English [arabic script]'. (Is says 'English' on the left and has some Arabic script on the right, presumably saying 'Arabic' in Arabic.

Go back to the apps list and everything installed has changed its button from 'Open' to 'Install'. Install and all is well.

This is a ridiculous performance to go through and if necessary should be documented in the interface rather the not at all - and the official documentation just says to click the box for language, writing direction etc - not what to do if it is there but unresponsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED! on AI 2019 23.0.2 on OS 10.12.6 at least on my computer.

I had this problem,  and was so pissed, just kept clicking (I know, stupid), then I noticed a 1 pixel blue line appear at the top of of the check box when I clicked at the very top edge of the box. I could "check" and "uncheck" even though the "check" was only the 1 pixel blue line, so I then I clicked [OK] after turning on the blue line. Then went back to the same window and the "Check" was, in fact, turned on. So I don't know if it will work for others or on other systems, but it worked for me. The moral of the story... sometimes wild, frustration-based clicking works! Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes clicking insanely does pay off! Thanks for this answer, because that is exactly what I did and it worked. I'm on macOS 10.14.4 and the UI just looks borked in those check boxes. They don't even look checked, but hey, as long as they work!

Thanks again, fellow spazzy clicker!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing. I saw that subtle blue too at the very top of the box, but didn't think to try and click on it. Great discovery! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this totally worked! which is ridiculous, but thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable! THANK YOU SO MUCH! Maybe we should report this issue to Adobe! You made my day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks it worked! you're a life saver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to DTPublisher-Tampa, It works on mine too. -Windows10 machine-

This is exactly why I don't want to update any Adobe software now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Was having the same prob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 3.25.05 PM.png

The Indic Option is neither highlighting to Blue nor it is selectable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's there for me in the latest Illustrator CC 2019 version on a Mac. Try restoring your Illustrator preferences.

Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 6.04.03 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks pal ive been trying since 2 days reinstalled the softaware but none of them helpedbut ur answer solved my issue. So thank you for this pal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you ordered online you might have gotten an European version that doesn't support that character set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

schrieb

If you ordered online you might have gotten an European version that doesn't support that character set.

With Creative Cloud you can install any language via the Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

cool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines