• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Parts of images/text missing on frames

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the new update I have being getting the issue as I add frames parts of my images or text look like they were cropped or cut off. When I move the layer it comes back in full but once I change frames it gets cut off again! What is going on? Even when I save the file the image or text still appears cut off. HELP!

error.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the partial screen capture you posted I can not tell what I'm looking at.  I can not even see the layer palette to see if you using Photoshop CC 2019 frame feature.  I have had issues where image were not scaled correctly and yes frame are like layer mask and when the frame and the image do not have the same aspect ratio you can expect to loose some image content  Frame should scale the Image to fill the area without distorting the image.  The frame aspect ratio must be the same aspect ratio as your image if you do not want to lose any image content. You can transform the image and distort its content to get your missing content. There is no magic if the aspect ratios are not the same the image in the frame should look like a centered aspect ratio cropped image.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 11.50.26 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-19 at 11.50.57 AM.png

I am having the same issue.. So when trying to make a gif in photoshop, I place the type/ logo, etc texts in the first viewing frame. When i add another frame, duplicating the first, the texts remains in the same place but it appears half cut off and missing... Ive been moving the texts back and forth in its place for it to reappear but once i add a new frame the same thing happens. If you look at that Screen capture another previous user had posted, the M is half cut off and missing... I will show you a before and after with the work im doing so you can have a comparison.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not show your layers palette, image window or frame animation panel.  How do you expect us to tell you what you are doing wrong.

Here I creaded  A background layer and a text layer.  I create 8 identical frames with these later visible. Then I added a ninth frame but I moved the text layer.  Then used Photoshop Tween to generate 10 frans between  frames 8 and 9.

I do not see any problem in CC 2019 no text is missing.

text.gif

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also having same issue....

the phone is getting cut off, no image above it. on the next one the word will be cut off. very frustrating!Screenshot 2018-11-19 at 10.32.13.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, JJMACK,

KatFace84wrote the issue and if you do not understand or never ever have this issue do not interfere, I have the same problem and I had no problem to understand it.

I still have the problem btw if someone knows how to fix it please help....

I'm using the last version photoshop CC 2019

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try enabling this option in preferences and restarting Photoshop

enable legacy comp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To those having this issue and in need of a solution, Ged Traynor's advice works. It solved the bug completely for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same issue when trying to export an animated GIF. Checking the Legacy Compositing worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no problem understand things being cutoff.    There is either bug or user error involved.  If sufficient information is not provided it is not possible to tell it its a bug or user issue.  This thread was started with a image that showed and image with an M partly cut in a frame  but show no document layer structure or how many layer are visible in that frame.  The append before your shows a frame with looks like a phone image is cut on the left..  There are 13 layers visible in the frame's composite.   It is very likely the some layer visible in the frame is overlaying that part of the phone image.  Without the actual layer document its not post to tell what is their problem.   If you have a problem you should follow the forum guide lines.

The images posted do not look like the cutoffs would have been caused by device driver problems they are either Photoshop bugs  or user errors.  I just posted I do not see any problem like these in my system.

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack Nothing you wrote helped this issue, it's an actual bug in which text or objects will have portions cut off when placed in certain areas of the art-board/canvas

I literally just made an account to chime in and say (a.) if you don't understand the issue don't clog up the comments section and (b.) Ged Traynor's solution WORKS.

If you are also having this issue then select the "Legacy Composing" option under preferences and it should solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then restart Photoshop.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why that will not change any aspect ratio mismatch

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Its just a hack, Through this may he problem will be solve.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, to solve the issue I uninstalled the newest Photoshop update and went back to the 2018 version. I will wait for the bugs to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not solve anything what you saw is not a bug in CC 2018 the problem is the same.  You can not change an images aspect ratio without corpping or distorting the image.  You can add borders and not lose content but you gain boarders.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it didn't solve anything with the 2019 update. I am not changing the aspect ration to any images or texts. They have been placed to size on their own layer and the problem is when I have everything in place on the first frame of the gif then start adding frames to animate the banner that is when the issue is created. I will go to the next frame and half my logo is missing or part of my text is missing. So to make a quick fix to this issue I just reverted back to the last version of Photoshop as I do not have the to trouble shoot the new bugs from the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kate as I state the image you post I could not tell what you were doing in your first post.  You stated frame and CC 2019 has a new frame feature.   CC 2018 does not have that feature now you state frame in  CC 2018 and Gif,    Photoshop is not a  file editor  but is does save files and it can save  animated gif they are normally created using a Frame animation timeline and frames in an animation content is the composite of  layer visible in a frame any the position of the layers for each frame.

In you first post on CC 2019 you did not state you were creating a frame animation.  You did not show any frame animation panel frame  and layer palette.  There is no way anyone can tell you what you were seeing in your post the required information was not provided.

please read and understand these guidelines they are  from the forums guidelines

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.​
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines