Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for some help with a very old Mac/old Lightroom

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have an issue with a Mac here and I am wondering if anyone can help!

1) We have an old Mac running OS X v10.5.8 so it can't be updated at all (from what I can find).

2) On that Mac we have Lightroom 2 v2.7 which again can't be updated.

3) We have thousands of photos which are stored on a couple of external hard drives.

4) The Lightroom, however, has all the tagging work that we have done on these photos over the years.

5) We have recently bought Creative Cloud Photography from Adobe with 3TB of storage. The idea is to have all these photos stored in the cloud so that we can access them anywhere.

6) However, because of the age of the Mac and the Lightroom we have, I am unable to download and upload the files to the new account for some reason. When I try and export the files from Lightroom, they save as NOINDEX.

If anyone has any ideas I would be extremely grateful!

Thanks, Simon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The oldest version of Lightroom available to run with the Creative Cloud Photography plan is Lightroom version 5 and that version requires Mac OS-X 10.7 see the screen captures below.

The reality is that you require a new computer.

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 3.47.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 3.44.35 AM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition the new Lightroom CC (Cloud based app) which will upload your original image files to the Creative Cloud requirements are Version 1 is macOS 10.11 and the recent release Version 2 is macOS 10.12.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. A new computer is not an issue - I already have that. What I really don't want to lose is all the tagging work done over the years but it seems like that is not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be possible when you have the new version of Lightroom Classic CC installed you can convert the LR 2 catalog version to LR Classic CC. I have to do do a search for an article that give full details of the procedure you need to follow. Will post an update to this thread.

OK see the link below.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

There are also lots of other tutorials available if you do a web search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks for this - I will give it a go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines