Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2019 - slow to respond

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 2.37.21 pm.png

Since updating to PP 2019 playback has been a joke. On the lowest quality setting and highest RAM settings the clips (in sequence & source window) play for 2 seconds, audio ceases, stutters and stops. Now this project worked fine the day prior in 2018, best quality settings, no stuttering etc at all. I have tried creating a new project within PP 2019, with the same results...surely this cant be right? I understand there can be bugs etc, but this is more than the occasional hiccup. Truy

Any advice? Switch to Resolve? Try a new career?

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jmas,

there's currently no CUDA acceleration for MOJAVE - here's more info from nVidia

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1042279/cuda-10-and-macos-10-14/?offset=1

On machines with nVidia Kepler cards, you can switch to Metal. This gives you excellent performance.

Here's more info on Metal:

Metal-capable graphics cards for my Mac0P… - Apple Community

If this doesn't solve your issue, let us know

Cheers,

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok...thank you. I will give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok...that didn't work. Also the performance was fine after upgrading to Mojave, it's just been since the CC 2019 update that performance has suffered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok i install the old nvedia driver and its working fine now !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mac I was able to confirm that if my footage is on an exfat drive playback is impossible. Both a brand new fully specced MacBook Pro and a brand new iMac Pro could only play about half a second before video would stop and scrubbing would take several seconds to load. Same was true on PC with a Ryzen 1800x, 64gb of DDR 4 and an nvidia GTX 1080ti aorus extreme edition. Moving the same footage to a Mac formatted drive completely cleared up playback.

I often work between a Mac and a PC, so exfat is important to me. I did get a Paragon HSF trial and that with a Mac formatted drive also worked on a PC, but everything I have is exfat so it's only a temporary bandaid for me until this issue is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here. I'm only 16gb ram with nvidia 1060 but everything was smooth using Premiere pro 2018. 4k 30fps is incredibly slow in 2019..cant edit at all. I still have 2018 installed so I'm sticking with that for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines