8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2018 12:00 PM by marcusk29492084

GPU acceleration only affects the library module, but not the development module

marcusk29492084

Hello friends,

It seems to me that GPU acceleration only affects the library module, but not the development module.

This is demonstrated by the fact that when GPU acceleration is turned on, the images in the Library module are finely rasterized, in the Develop module they are roughly rasterized. This makes image processing very difficult.

If I switch off the graphics processor acceleration in LR, the images in both modules are roughly rasterized. If I switch on the graphics processor acceleration again, then it is as described above.

I am of the opinion that this is only the case since an update in LR. I have been working with LR V5 for years, I never noticed this behavior. Now with the installation of LR Classic CC it is like that from the beginning.

My graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce GT710. This is not in the list of recommended graphics cards. But it worked very well under LR5 (finely rasterized images in both modules). I need a passively cooled graphics card.

Do you have any idea why that might be? I have installed the latest drivers from the NVIDIA site.

My configuration: Win10Pro 64bit; NVIDIA GeForce GT710, driver V416.34; Lightroom Classic CC, V8.0; Camera Raw 11.0

Best regards

Marcus