• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Folders

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import an image into LR, it is displayed as being in a separate folder in the navigator panel. See this image to see what I'm talking about.​ The photo itself is stored in the correct drive and folder, so I'm not sure why LR is doing this. Any help is appreciated. ​

Here is an image of my import settings.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previous Import is not a folder, but a collection (list) that displays the image(s) from the latest import.

You can turn this behavior off by going to Preferences > General and unchecking "Select the "Current/Previous Import" collection during import. (at least I think that's what this option does)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I will attempt this option when I return home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At a quick glance, the parsing of the network drive name has resulted in different drive names.

Why this has happened I cannot say.

Which exact NUMBER version of LR are you using?

Which version of Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I recently moved all my photos to a large external NAS device. So far it has been rather painless, this specific issue notwithstanding. I had wondered if the apparentlily different drive parsing had caused this problem. Not sure how I could change that.

I am on LR CC on Windows 8.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

piercea87169276  wrote

I am on LR CC on Windows 8.1.

Actually, you're not. You are using Lightroom Classic CC (or perhaps an earlier version), not Lightroom CC.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Man, do I have egg on my face. You are correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines