• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PresetsEffects.xml

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to find the PresetsEffects.xml in the new CC 2019 update, anyone know where it is?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It shoud be usually here. I have not found it, either. I see it in the CC 2018 folder. It may work if you copy it from CC 2018 to CC 2019.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2019\Support Files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I tried this earlier but it didn't seem to work. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure it out? I've had no luck, but I know it's somewhere. My pseudo effects still work when I apply them via extendscript...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on a Mac, it's here: /Applications/Adobe\After Effects CC 2019/Adobe After Effects CC 2019.app/Contents/Frameworks/aelib.framework/Versions/A/Resources/xml/PresetEffects.xml

If you're on Windows, it's not accessible at all.

Hopefully, this will be fixed in a bug fix soon. It has been reported to Adobe.

In the meantime, pseudo effect presets created with 15 (CC 2018) can be applied in 16 (CC 2019). So, that's a workaround until it's fixed.  I've heard Pseudo Effects Maker from Jesse Toula still works on the new version for those who are using that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Szalam!

I don't use Jesses' Pseudo Effects Maker even though it is really cool. Do you have any idea how he adds the text fields?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any idea how he adds the text fields?

To say that I'd also love to know would be an understatement. Help, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully this will help - it works for some presets.

Go to /Applications/Adobe/After Effects CC 2019/Adobe After Effects CC 2019.app/Contents/Frameworks/aelib.framework/Versions/A/Resources/xml/PresetEffects.xml

Right click on PresetEffects.xml and choose make alias.

Copy the Alias to: /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2019/Adobe After Effects CC 2019.app/Contents

remove the Alias suffix from the alias.

Now your scripts should install - I've tried a few and 4/5 worked .

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An update or variation to this in case anyone comes here looking is I placed the alias in.../Contents/Resources and that worked for me. I opened the .jsx I was trying to run/install and saw that it's code wanted to look in Contents/Resources for the PresetEffects.xml. So I tried moving it there and it worked. I wonder if this varies from script to script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines